Preparation

Since Abuela had abandoned you two, Mirabel did her best to carry you all by herself. Stopping for a quick breather, she continued walking to the dining area where her mother was.

Camilo, who was on his way to go help some other people, spotted you two. Seeing the state you were in brought him great worry and concern. He figured that helping you first was more important, so he rushed over to you two.

"What happened to her?" He asked Mirabel, very much concerned about you and your well-being.

"Long story short, she got into a fight with some older kids." She answered him, grunting as beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

He only nodded and helped her carry your body over to the dining area. And by the time you guys got there, Mirabel's mother had just finished making the arepas.

"Ah, Mirabel, Camilo, perfect timing." Tía Julieta placed the steaming hot arepas on a plate and also grabbed a cup of water, just in case.

Sitting you down in a chair, Tía Julieta placed the plate and cup on the table.

Mirabel stood there, thinking, before saying something. "Okay so, she's out cold. How are we gonna get her to eat those?"

The three of them stood there, now wondering how they were going to get you to eat the arepas.

"I guess we're just gonna have to wake her up." She shrugged.

Mirabel stared at her mother for a moment, which got her attention, and then gestured at the glass of water.

"No, mi vida, we are not drowning her." Tía Julieta crossed her arms.

Mirabel groaned and placed both of her hands on your shoulders, shaking you lightly.

"(Y/N)~" She sang, waiting for a reaction from you.

Nothing.

She proceeded to slap you lightly on the good side of your face, which seemed to work since you started moving a bit. Another idea popped into Mirabel's head, but it was risky.

"Please don't kill me for this, (Y/N)." Mirabel whispered before putting a lot of pressure on the swollen and bruised part of your face.

Your face scrunched up in pain, but you were still unconscious. Mirabel added more pressure, and you winced in pain, slowly regaining consciousness.

"Oww. What the heck?..." You whined, the pain from your cheek and head instantly hitting you.

"Oh, good, you're awake. You're not dead." Mirabel exhaled.

Camilo also sighed in relief. Who knows what he'd do if something actually terrible happened to you? He just couldn't bear the thought of it.

Tía Julieta took an arepa from the plate, grabbed your hand, and placed the arepa in it.

"Here, (Y/N), eat this. It'll make you feel better." She said, watching as you ate the arepa at a slow pace.

Your eyes widened.

The pain you felt on the side of your face had disappeared immediately, but your headache was still there. So, you took another bite, hoping for the headache to go away, but the headache remained.

"Careful, now. Don't choke." Tía Julieta grabbed the cup of water and handed it to you.

"Thanks." You muttered, drinking the entire thing. It seemed to help a bit, but it just wouldn't go away.

"Thank you, Tía Julieta." You said, properly thanking her.

"Of course. How are you feeling now?" She asked you.