Things Go Wonderfully Right (Or Horribly Wrong)

Grabbing a bag that Mirabel had sewn you from a drawer near the window, you stuffed it with some of your belongings. To prevent over-packing, you decided to only pack essentials.

Where were you going? You were going to get out of here. Staying here would only bring Casita and the family harm, and you didn't want that.

After losing your parents, you wouldn't be able to bear losing more of the people you loved. And the only reason you were losing people... was because of your own self.

Your parents died trying to find the answer to why you had powers. And now the Madrigal family was also going to if you didn't get out of here quick.

You couldn't bear to lose anyone else. Especially... Camilo.

You couldn't afford to lose another person whom you had loved most in this world. If that happened, you wouldn't even know how to handle or cope with that. You wouldn't be able to live with yourself.

So, to prevent these events from happening, you were going to leave the encanto and never return. Good idea? Yes... but also no.

It hurt to think you'd be leaving the people you loved and cared for. The only people who cared and took you in as one of their own when you had nobody else to go to... But it was for the best.

The thought of it made tears of frustration spill from your eyes. Wiping your tears away with your sleeve, you checked your bag.

Satisfied with the amount of essentials you packed, you stood up and walked towards the door.

As you took one last glance around the room, the memories flooded into your head. You made so many fun memories in this room.

Exhaling, you opened and shut the door gently as to not make any noise or to alert anyone nearby.

Making a sharp turn to the bathroom, you decided you were going to take one last quick look at yourself in the mirror. But it was then when you remembered all the past encounters you've had in that room.

It would be quick, you thought. In and out and you'll be on your way.

Rushing toward the bathroom, you opened the door and closed it. You then turned on the lights, which illuminated the room.

You gasped when you saw your reflection in the mirror. The same black mark from earlier... it had spread everywhere, past your neck, arms, and hands.

Why didn't Mirabel tell you before when you both were in front of Isabela's door? Had she not seen it?

Completely shivering in disgust, you ignored it and quickly washed your face. The sooner you left, the safer this family would be. Looking up in the mirror, you shrieked when you saw your corrupted form again.

She smirked and giggled at your reaction. "Tick tock, (Y/N)..." She sang, disappearing from your sight and back into the depths of the mirror.

Upon her disappearance, you saw as the continuing growth of the black mark had spread up past your ears.

Widening your eyes, you grabbed onto the doorknob and twisted it, but didn't open the door. You stood there for a moment, every moment spent with the Madrigals flashing before your eyes.

Sighing, you whispered, "Goodbye, Casita." and opened the door.

Turning off the lights, you stuck your head out the door, seeing if you were all clear to go.

Closing the door, you dashed toward the stairs and peered over the breezeway railing. Checking to see if the coast was clear, you made your way downstairs.