The Real Truth Pt. 2

"I'm sorry—What?" An awkward smile made its way to your face. You stood there, still unable to comprehend the information you were just told.

"Your mother, (Y/N), is Diosa de los Elementos." Tío Bruno repeated.

You tried to grasp your head around the concept, but you really just couldn't understand it.

"My actual mother... is an almighty being? Surely, there has to be more to it than just that. I-I need answers." You trembled slightly.

"Answers as in...?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Answers about why my mother is a literal goddess and I'm just a human being." You clarified. "Answers about why my mother abandoned me and where she may have gone."

"I wish I had the answer to that, kid, but all I know is that Diosa de los Elementos-" He stopped mid-sentence.

"What is it?" You asked, bending down closer to him to look at his bewildered expression.

"Wait, wait... I-I just might have the answer to your question." He mumbled, stroking his chin.

"If I'm correct, there was something about someone having killed Diosa de los Elementos, or she went missing, or-or a more superior being banished her..."

"Killed? Banished? Went missing?" You were a bit stunned. How can someone kill a goddess? Is that even possible?

"I'm not exactly sure, but something happened to her. That's all I can say." Tío Bruno explained.

All of this confusing information made your thoughts race at a thousand miles in your head. After sitting there in thought, he rubbed his eyes and got up from out of his chair.

He stood in front of you, face to face, and he placed his hands on your shoulders. "Okay... (Y/N), have you had any weird moments recently? Like, I don't know, has anything weird been happening to you lately?"

"Uh, well, I've been having a lot of headaches and I don't know what's causing them." You shrugged. "The most recent one I remember was when Mirabel and I went to your room and into your vision cave."

Tío Bruno's eyes widened at you. "That... is not good. It's happening sooner than I expected and envisioned. Has anything else weird happened to you, besides your... headaches?"

"Uh... I-I guess another thing is that I keep being visited by myself?..." You told him.

"You keep being visited by... yourself?" He furrowed his brows. "Wha—What do you mean by that?"

"A more corrupted version of me would sometimes appear in the reflection of a mirror." You shivered at the thought. "Last time, she actually... went through the mirror."

"Mirror?..." Tío Bruno questioned, thinking for a second. "That's not good..."

"Why is it not good?" You panicked. "Is something going to happen?"

"Sorry, kid, I can't tell you... because I don't know." He said, grabbing the tray of shards. "Look, I had this vision the night Mirabel didn't get her gift."

"Abuela worried about the magic. So, she begged me to look into the future. See what it meant." Tío Bruno explained.

"And I saw... a girl. It was you, (Y/N). The Madrigal family would take you in and they would accept you as their own. But then, as time went on, you... you would change. Physically, mentally, and emotionally."

"I sensed the magic was in danger. I-I sensed you were in danger. So I looked further into the future and I saw our house... breaking. And then, and then, and then, I saw you, (Y/N). You didn't look... yourself. You were this... abnormal looking monstrosity. Wreaking havoc on the house and the village."