All Good Things Must Come to an End

Standing near the horses that your father had taken from the stable, you watched as the sun set over the horizon.

Its glory and magnificence brought a small smile to your face. It saddened you how people took such a wonderful thing for granted.

Drawing in the dirt with your shoe, a recurring thought kept replaying itself in your head. That thought being when your parents looked at you with fear in their eyes.

It haunted your mind, and you tried your best to shake it off.

Another thought entered your head, relieving you of the other one. Earlier, your parents mentioned a name... the Madrigals, was it?

You hadn't the slightest idea about who the Madrigals were, but the name sounded quite familiar to you. Shrugging off the idea, you snapped out of your thoughts.

You stood in silence and patience, waiting for your parents. They were busy packing and notifying the other townspeople of your brief journey. They filled bags and saddle packs with essentials crucial for your journey.

Your father, who had finished securing the last of the saddle packs, walked over to you and placed you up on a horse.

Your mother, who had also finished packing, got up on top of the same horse, sitting right behind you.

"Mami, where are we going?" You asked, turning around to look up at her.

Hesitating to speak, she looked down at you and smiled. "Somewhere, mi amor. Some place where... we will get the answers we seek."

Nodding your head, you looked down at your hands, which were holding the reins of the horse. Tightening your grip on the reins, you looked up with determination.

Along with the confusion and fear, you were also curious. Curious about your unexplainable powers and who these so-called Madrigals were.

Your father then mounted his horse and pulled out a map. Saying your last farewells to your dwelling, your journey to your destination began.

~~~

On your journey, you guys faced many challenges and obstacles. But there were a few positive aspects that outweighed them.

The environment around had provided fresh air to breathe, as well as fresh scents.

It also brought a beautiful array of colors for you all to view. You could also spot a handful of colorful animals and plants on your way.

And nature, the host of calming sounds. Because of this journey through it, you were able to relax while also gaining inspiration.

But... all good things must come to an end, right?...

You wished this saying wasn't true, but to your dismay, life had to throw you a curveball...

It was a frigid and bitter evening and the sun had set not too long ago.

The rumbling and roaring sound of the occurring thunder was threatening. But it was nothing compared to any of the other close calls before.

Not minding the thunder, you continued your journey to what Papá said was "Encanto."

Following the thunder came a shower of heavy rainfall from the sky. You hadn't experienced anything like it before. Even during thunderstorms, you wouldn't get this much rain because of the area you guys lived in.

This was new to you.

With the wave of your hand, you were able to stop some raindrops from falling, freezing them in place.

You squinted your eyes, taking a closer look, and saw that the raindrops looked like tiny crystals. You giggled and offered to show your mother.

"Mamá, look." You turned around and showed your mother the raindrops.

Taking a peek from out under her scarf and cloak, she smiled, but her brows furrowed.

"V-Very nice, my dear." She stuttered. You were unable to tell if it was from the cold or out of fear, but you shook it off either way.

Smiling, you let the raindrops go and they fell to the ground. Looking up at the sky, your smile widened at the relaxing feeling of the cold raindrops that fell onto your face.

That's when horses came to a sudden halt, which left you confused.

"What's happening?" You shook with fright, panic lacing your voice.

"Shh..." She calmed you down, hugging you tight.

There was rumbling heard all around you coming from below the surface of the earth. Taking the lantern, your mother shone it towards the ground.

A gasp escaped her lips. "(F/N), we need to get out of here, now!" Your mother shouted, alerting your father.

He nodded and flicked the reins of his horse, sending it at a speed faster than before. You and your mother's horse also followed, galloping at an unbelievable speed.

It was difficult to see since it was dark and raining and the lanterns weren't any help either. Your mother held you tight, so that you didn't fall off the horse as it leaped and galloped from place to place.

The rumbling from before now began to increase, as if it was getting closer to you. You squinted your eyes, not quite making out what it was that was creating the rumbling sound.

Then, it hit you.

The ground was cracking and splitting apart.

Fear struck you to your very core, and you hung onto your mother for dear life.

"Mamá, we need to go faster." You tried to find where her eyes were so you could look at them. But it was too dark, you couldn't see anything.

The rumbling grew louder, and the ground now had a gaping crack that sped up with the speed of the horse.

You squeaked as the horse almost lost its balance due to the terrain becoming unstable. You had an iron grip on your mother's cloak and you weren't planning on letting go anytime soon.

But an idea then formed in your head. An idea that might make you have to let go.

Although you hadn't that much experience with it, you were going to try to stop the spread of the cracks in the ground.

But while conceiving your idea, your mother had thrown you off of the horse, making you snap out of your thoughts.

"Mamá!?" You screamed, holding out your hands, so that you didn't land on the ground with a hard impact.

Instead, you slowed yourself down mid-air and let yourself descend.

The crack had caught up with the horses and it split open wide enough to consume them as they fell to their demise.

Your parents' screams and yells echoed throughout the fault as they fell... screams and yells that would haunt you forever.

"Mamá! Papá!" You screamed with all your heart, tears pricking your eyes.

Immediately, you tried to conjure your powers, but it didn't work. It was too late. You couldn't save them.

Falling down to your knees, the tears began to flow out without you knowing it. The shock and adrenaline had faded away and all that remained was pain and hurt. You completely fell to the floor and sobbed your eyes out.

Giving the ground one hard punch, a chunk of dirt arose from the earth on the other side of the cracked terrain.

The rain had mixed with your tears and as you yelled out, the thunder's roaring had also increased. You laid onto your back, the rain and mud completely soaking your clothing.

And as you closed your eyes, you tried to stop the tears from flowing, but failure followed each attempt. Becoming drowsier and drowsier by the minute, you ended up passing out.

That night... was a night you would never forget.