TCH |5| Hey girlie! Hold still

As Ayato laid on the hospital bed still unconscious, Mineta slowly regained his consciousness. After being fully aware of his surrounds, he quickly looked to his left and noticed his best friend and quickly recalled what happened moments before he was knocked out.

"All of that was real!" He questioned out loud while looking at his body. He didn't want to have to explain this situation to his parents, so it was better that he didn't end up with any major injuries unlike his albino buddy. Ayato seemed quick peaceful as his heart monitor beeped at a steady pace. It was the first time Mineta had seen him like this, he was calm almost as if he was a statue. The goofy sinister nature of the boy wasn't apparent, ironically with the bright white lights of the hospital Ayato looked some what angelic.

"Oh! One of you finally woke up." Hawks said as he entered into the room in his hero attire.

"So you rescued us?" Mineta asked even though the answer was quite obvious. The pro hero confidently nodded his head.

"Anyways I'm Hawks!" The hero started. "You're Mineta and the one knocked out is Naganohara if I'm not mistaken." Mineta replied with a quick nod before the hero started again. "Ok, now that intros are out of the way, I need to question the both of you."

"But Ayato's still sleeping" Mineta mentioned to the boy.

"Really because I'm pretty sure he's glaring at me" the hero said as whole body was covered in goosebumps. When he had entered the room, the noise woke Ayato up. He hasn't moved or made any noise, but he harshly glared at the hero threw his half lidded eyes.

"You disturbed my sleep..." Ayato grumbled as he fully sat up. He was pretty much fully healed aside from the bite mark that ranged from his collar bone to half way up his neck.

"Well let's get started" the hero began "How did the two of you get into that situation?" Hawks didn't get an immediate response from the two as the true reason was quite embarrassing. The two boys just had a silence conversation with their eyes before Ayato deeply sighed.

"You want me to start from the beginning or just cut to the chase?" The albino questioned.

"Preferably the beginning, but don't be afraid to hurry things up as you probably should be resting." The hero said as he finally took a seat.

"Well since it was Friday, me and Mineta decided to hang out at the park after school." Ayato began. "We were talking about what high school we're going to go to and Mineta got a good idea and called me a side character." Ayato said quite harshly starring daggers at his purple buddy. "After that I kind of chased him around the city and past our destination. In the end this whole situation was both of our faults. When we realized where we were, the criminals stopped us from leaving."

"But you ended up taking most of them down. Do you recall that?"

"I did?"

"Yeah you did! It was like you weren't yourself!" Mineta finally decided to chime in. "There was also this huge black figure that came out of you."

"I don't recall any of that... But Hey! THAT PROVES IM NOT A SIDEKICK!" Ayato cheered.

'Is this seriously what the kid cares about?' The hero thought as he really wanted to wrap this conversation up. Reporting was his East favorite part of the job, but he didn't have anyone to pass this job to at the moment. "I'm guessing you guys already know that using your quirks without a license is against the law, but I'll let this slide. If you didn't use your quirks, you two probably wouldn't be where you current stand." He said before leaving the room. The air surrounding the two boys was heavy as they took in the words Hawks left them with.

'I could've died if we didn't use our quirks' both of the boys thought.

"This was an eventful afternoon" Ayato said trying to alleviate the tense atmosphere. "Uh.... I guess we could get into the UA after all. Your quirk is quite handy!" The boy complimented Mineta.

"So it sounds like a plan!" Mineta said as he approached Ayato's bed and fist bumped him. "Can't wait until we both get into UA." The small boy said before he was interrupted by a nurse coming in.

"Oh, it seems that you two are just fine!" The nurse smiled before checking their conditions and filing a report. "You boys can leave whenever, I'm guessing that is your mom waiting in the waiting room." She said before starting towards the door leaving the boys in a stressful panic.

"Wait! What color hair!" Both boys asked at the same time. It was quite off putting to the nurse, but she had handled way worse.

"She has Platinum white hair and blue eyes" she said before fully exiting. Mineta cheered around the room after hearing that answer while Ayato sank back into his bed.

"Thank God it isn't my mom." Mineta sighed

"What do you mean! Your mom is so nice!" Ayato complained knowing that he was in deep shit. "Your mom probably would've taken us out for dinner or something!" He started to whine.

"That maybe true, but the moment you left, she would've killed me!" Mineta reasoned. "Your mom is the dictionary definition of an angel."

"Uh huh.... Keep talking. You don't know what it's like having an exorcist as a mother..." Ayato said before having flashbacks of being working up at night for prayers. He remembers the countless time of being splashed with holy water. It usually didn't hurt him, but when his flames were out it stung like a motherfucker. It was unfortunate for him that Kaede took her job seriously. Whenever he went to question it or berate it, he would instantly regret it and would have to repent for his 'sins'.

"Come on! Let's not keep your mom waiting!" Mineta cheered as he quickly got dressed. "I can shotgun!"

"It's my own mother's car Minoru, I'm getting shotgun." Ayato blankly stated void of any emotion.

.

.

.

"Okaa-san, how are you?" Ayato awkwardly asked gaining his mother's attention. It seemed like she had been through a myriad of emotions in her short time in the waiting room. There were tears rolling down her faces, but they were quickly cleaned up by tiny demons. They weren't really noticeable to the human eye, but if one had a temptaint they were clearly visible.

"Oh thank heavens you're alright!" She sighed out before rushing to hug the boy. This was the exact opposite of how Ayato thought she was going to act like. He expected her to be mad and probably put him through some tough hours of exorcist training, but she did no such thing. "Minoru, I'm also glad you're okay. I'm glad Ayato always has someone by his side, even if he acts stupidly." She smiled patting the boy on his head.

"Told you she's an angel.." Mineta said smugly

"Shut up" Ayato retorted after jabbing Mineta in his left side.