Chapter 7: No words needed

I lean out to find him smirking at me and I have no idea how he can control himself right now. He bites his bottom lip and it kills me visually. I am lost staring into those steel-blue eyes that seem like my safe place.

"Is that a challenge?" he asks me smiling and I scoff rolling my eyes playfully. I feel my smile fading as I watch him and I feel like sighing

"I don't think I could handle you if I am honest." I look down almost embarrassed. I have no idea how that escaped my mouth and he tilts his head watching me confused.

"When did it start being about handling one another? I thought the whole point of having sex was for every participant to enjoy it." He says with a serious expression and I sigh nodding. It should be about that.

"You're right, but I just feel a bit rusty when it comes to it." I look at him and I am not sure if I am lying. I haven't had sex in three years, but at the same time after hearing he had threesomes it really makes me feel somewhat uneasy. He smiles looking at me and he nods.

"Well if it makes you feel better it's been a while for me too." He tilts his head watching me. What does a while mean in his language?
"So you might be right. I probably couldn't handle you." He says and I nod squeezing my eyes. He traces that glass to his lips and gulps it down. "Now how about I refill our glasses before we ruin our friendship." He winks taking my glass and going to the kitchen.

He is right. Having sex would completely ruin everything we've built up. It's okay I can masturbate. I've been doing it for the past years since I got to this universe. I don't have to stop doing it now. Even though that metal arm looks absolutely delicious. Okay, Y/n, stop thinking about how hot he looks, you are objectifying him right now, he's more than a metal arm. I know, I know. He's really funny and sweet and gentle around me. He is really thoughtful and I cannot believe James Buchanan Barnes is my best friend.

January 30, 2015

The last day of the first term as a teacher started out perfectly. I had my morning coffee at Mugs with James and then I drove to the school where I had the last classes for the term. During the last lecture, everything is calm as I just had to conclude everyone's grades and average. I had a feedback session with the pupils and it all felt great in the world.

I am on my way to the teachers' lounge room to read the anonymous notes the pupils left me. I place the books on my personal shelf and I smile as I read to the few notes.

"Ms. Y/l/n?" I seem to be interrupted by someone's voice so I lift my head to see Mr. Popescu in front of my desk. "I hope this doesn't come as inappropriate, but I was wondering if you are free this evening." He says smiling and I press my lips into a thin line.

"Uhm, Mr. Popescu. Hello there. Well, it is Friday.." I have no idea where I am going with this. Why did he ask me if I was free?

"Of course, you might already have plans, this was a bit presumptuous of me to ask you out on such short notice- I just thought-uhm, never mind then." He chuckles nervously placing some of his dark brown curls behind his ear. I watch him a bit confused and smile at his embarrassment because for some reason my mind really finds the way he tried to ask me out pretty cute.

"No. Uhm, it's fine. I am free actually. Is 7 alright with you, Mr. Popescu?" I ask and I realize I have no idea what his name is after five months of working together.

"Yes, perfect. How about we drop the formalities though? Just call me Bogdan." He smiles and I nod smiling back. "Can you give me your address so I can pick you up?" Bogdan adds and I write it down for him on a piece of paper. I don't know I agreed so fast on going out with someone, but perhaps I really need a bit more socializing. I have been in this universe for almost three years now and the two people closest to me are the freaking Ancient One and James. I don't know how this works but it sucks to be constantly 23 and constantly super horny and getting no action. Maybe Bogdan can relieve some of that tension I have built up. I mean he does look good. He is tall, has dark brown curly hair, hazel eyes and his hands look really good. I don't understand my fascination with men's hands but it is there and I cannot ignore it.