Chapter 16: And then

I feel my mind freezing as I look at Banner. I am shocked. This cannot happen now. I am supposed to have my wedding. Oh fuck, the blip will wipe Bucky out. Do we know what is going to happen to us? What the fucking hell? Why didn't I pay attention to the dates around me? I completely forgot about the biggest even in the whole marvel universe. It was not supposed to be like this. I was supposed to be back in my universe with Bucky by now. 

"Who?" Stephen asks confused looking inside the hole Hulk made by falling in. 

"Fuck." I whisper and Wong looks confused at me. 

"Do you know who's he talking about?" Strange looks at me and I nod.

"Heard of him. Really bad news." I say frowning trying to collect my thoughts.

"We need Tony Stark." Bruce speaks and I feel like everything is literally collapsing around me. 

"We need everyone." I whisper and Bruce nods to me.

"Who are you?" I realize I am talking too much at this point. 

"Y/n Y/l/n."

"Y/n is right. We need everyone." Bruce smiles at me and then turns worried at Stephen and Wong. They give Bruce new clothes and I have tears in my eyes as I am processing this. 

"I need to go. I have to cancel the wedding." I say looking at Strange who said he will bring Tony in here. I know once Tony gets here the attack will start and this is the last time I will see Strange until after the blip. I need to warn Bucky. I need to be with him. 

Strange looks at me and nods. I open a portal and I see Stephen wanting to open one too. I close mine and I run towards him. 

"If this is the last time we see each other-"

"Y/n, it's not. Once we deal with this quick you'll have the wedding and I will be walking you down the aisle." He says and I nod.

"I know... but uhm -Thanks for being my best friend Stephen." I say knowing that if all goes according to the plan, this will be the last time I see him in five years. I feel him hugging me back. I sigh and I open the portal towards Wakanda. 

I step out of it wearing jeans and a hoodie and the trademark black cap and I see James at the end of the aisle waiting for me with a smile on. As his eyes find me I see that smile disappearing. He knows something is wrong. I look around and I find everyone looking at me worried and I seem to have lost my mind. I see James running fast towards me and I can see his lips moving. I see Challa's face worried. Everyone is confused as to what is happening with me.

"Thanos is coming.", I know this sentence makes no sense for them. "He's here actually." I feel so disorientated. "Rogers will get here soon," I whisper and I don't think anyone heard me. 
"The earth is invaded," I add and I hear a beep from one of Shuri's devices. She opens it up and I see the breaking news from New York as it's being filmed live-action. 

"Brother?" Shuri asks looking at Challa and I feel James confused.

"We are safe here. Nobody worry. We can proceed with the wedding and deal with this after" Challa nods looking at me and I gulp shaking my head. James frowns holding me close to him trying to calm me down.

"Cancel the wedding. I'll take Y/n back to the apartment. I have a feeling this is really bad." James speaks and I nod not being able to say too much. 

"As you wish." T'challa speaks and I feel like I have no more air. Why am I reacting like this? I knew this will eventually happen. I just didn't think it will be now.

James doesn't say anything on the way to the apartment as he just caresses my arm holding me close, but everything changes as soon as the door to the apartment closes.