4

(Edited)

I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar room.

'What the fuck...' I noticed my shirt was up, a very dark bruise showing.

I pulled my shirt down and stood up. 'Fuck... how long was I out?'

A wave of excruciating pain suddenly shot up from my leg making me wince.

"I'm gonna check up on him!" I heard a male voice from outside.

The door opened and there stood Camilo.

He gasped. "Wait! You're not supposed to be standing up!"

He took my hands, attempting to  set me back on the bed. Pushing his hands away, I gulped, fixing my clothes. "I'm fine... I'll just head home." As I tried to walk over to the door, Camilo rushed to stand in front of the door, blocking my path.

"Camilo." I furrowed my eyebrows, glaring daggers. "You're not fine. Please, just stay for a while longer so you can heal. I'll get you some of Tia stuff Julieta's food, so please!" He pleaded.

Sighing, I could only look away, nibbling on my bottom lip. "Fine... but only for a little while..."

I sat on the bed and he placed a hand on my face, inspecting it.

My face flushed red from how close we were.

'Wait, why the hell am I blushing. Didn't we just meet like a few days ago? Also, why is he so close?'

"Your nose has stopped bleeding, you're probably thirsty, sit here while I go get some water okay?" I nodded and he left.

'He was so fucking close oh my fucking god.' My face was beet red at this point.

"I'm back~" Camilo walked in with a smile before it was replaced with a look of worry.

"What's wrong? What's your face red?! You're not sick are you?" Camilo ran towards me, placing his hand on your forehead, then my cheeks, then my neck.

"You're not sick. Well since you still have some bruises here and there, drink this glass of water while I go get tía Julieta." He handed me a glass of water.

"Oh... uh, thanks." I took a sip of the water in the glass.

He smiled. "No problem."

He then left once again. I sat on the bed, my leg shaking as worry rose in me. 'What time is it? Will papa be mad? He will! Just eat whatever dõna Julieta gives and go home! Yeah, that's the plan!' The door opened and Camilo entered with dõna Julieta.

"Ah! I see you're awake." She walked over and sat down beside me in the bed.

"Here, eat this, you'll feel much better." She handed me an arepa con queso.

She was gifted the power to heal people with food, that's why she's the towns healer.

I took a bite out of it. After skipping lunch, I was extra hungry.

I swallowed the bite of the arepa. Dõna Julieta looked at me and smiled. I stood up, ready to rush home.

"You're probably hungry. How about I make you something to eat?"

My eyes widened as I shook my head frantically. "U-Uh, no need for that! It's alright Miss! I can just go home, it's alright! No worries!" I stood up and bowed. "Oh and thanks for healing me!"

I ran out but went back in. "Oh! Thanks for the arepas miss!"

After that, I ran out of La Casa Madrigal.

'Shit! Shit! Shit! Papá definitely knows I'm up to something. Wait- why would he care if I'm missing? Oh right, he 'needs' me to help out at his little pastry shop. Like he ever helps... but I need to make it back home quick! Mamá and Maria are at home!'

Once I made it back home. Papá stood outside, an angry look on his face. He turned towards me and rushed forward, grabbing my hand and dragging me inside.

"Where the hell were you?! We had double the customers today and you weren't there to help out! What kind of selfish brat are you?" He yelled.

"Why are you only caring about that? Have you ever asked what I was doing?! What was going on? Why I was missing?!" I clenched my fist.

"You're so ungrateful! Talking back to your father! How insolent!"

I glanced towards mamá and Maria and saw a frightened look on both of their faces, mamá's face had some bruises on them.

"What the hell did you do to mamá and Maria?!"