18

"What did you just say?"

I stared at her with a shock expression.

"Y-You heard nothing!" Dolores pushed me out and slammed the door behind me.

I frowned.

'Y/N's sister is getting married to an older man? But that doesn't really explain why he has those bruises on his neck.'

I looked up towards the sky.

The sky was turning dark, the sun was setting.

I headed back into my room.

'I need to talk to Y/N as soon as possible but right now, I need to fix myself for Isabellas engagement dinner.'

-Y/N POV-

"Hey did you hear?"

I placed the closed sign on the table as I packed all the snacks away.

"Isabella is getting married to Mariano."

"Yes, yes, I know but soon, my little Maria will be married to your son." Papá laughed.

"So I planned that tomorrow..."

I grumbled. 'I needed to find a solution to stop Maria's marriage and departure!'

I walked up the stairs towards my room, sweating profusely.

As I passed by Maria's door, I stopped.

"I-I... don't want to get married to him!" I could hear her soft cries and sniffles.

I knocked on the door. "Maria? Are you ok?"

I opened the door slowly before frowning.

Maria's eyes were as red as apples, dried tears were on her cheeks and there were tears at the corner of her eyes.

I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Maria..."

I had never seen Maria looking so dejected before.

I walked over towards her and knelt down, placing a hand on her back.

"I'm sorry."

She turned to me confused. "W-What do you mean?"

I sighed. "I couldn't protect you."

She sniffled. "I-It's alright... but w-hat am I going to do?!"

She cried, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm going to be married off to some random stranger and I'll have to leave you and our Encanto! I don't want to do that!"

I frowned. "It's alright, I'll find a way."

A pretty short chapter, I was planning to write more but seeing that I haven't updated in 8 days, here I am posting it now. Also I would like to remind everyone that Camilo and Y/N are MINORS, they are CHILDREN/PRE-TEENS. I don't care if they're fictional, they resemble pre-teens.