5

TW!!! MENTIONS OF ABUSE + SUICIDAL THOUGHTS!!!

"Oh? Them? I just gave your precious little mamá a little beating, I would've hurt your sister but it seems like your mother was being stubborn again." He smirked devilishly.

"You-!"

The sound of a slap echoed throughout our house. By the time I realised what I had done, I was held up by my collar.

He gritted his teeth. "You brat!"

I was dangling, breathing heavily.

"I wish I didn't have such an unappreciative child like you." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"And I wished I didn't have a father like you!" I shrieked, only for him to throw me to the ground.

Picking up a chair, he held it up. "You're really asking for your death, aren't you?"

"Go on. Kill me." Laughs spewed out of my mouth. "Kill me! Fucking kill me! Maybe then everyone will know just how much of a sadist you are!"

Excruciating pain shot through my entire body as I was beaten with the chair that was already broken from the first hit.

Watching mama and Maria run up to my room, I couldn't help but smile as everything became a blur.-

'I'll finally be at peace...'

You're a mistake.

What a mistake of a child.

A useless child.

Worthless.

The fuck are you good for?

Sex? Porn?

You're nothing.

Go kill yourself for gods sake.

I woke up with a gasp.

"Y/N!" Mama caressed my face, tears in her eyes. "Are you okay?" She engulfed me in a hug. "I'm so sorry... mama is so sorry... mama couldn't protect you... mama is sorry..."

I shook my head. "I'm okay."

"But mamá, Maria, are you okay? Do you want me to bring you to Miss Julieta?" I spoke softly.

"I-It's okay... but where were you? Where did you go?" Mamá had a look of worry on her face.

I frowned. "Long story short... I got beaten up, lost consciousness, taken to the nursery at La Casa Madrigal, treated and rushed home. Im sorry for leaving you to deal with all of this. I thought he was over with the beatings..." I sighed.

"Oh, it's not your fault Y/N. You might've not been there when the incident happened, but you stood up for us, that's enough to show that you cared." Maria smiled.

"No! I left you and mamá to deal with him! I shouldn't be forgiven!" I shook my head. "I'll make sure nothing bad ever happens to you again-"

"It's okay Y/N. You did your best."

My eyes widened. I could feel tears well up in my eyes.

'I did well... I did well...'

Maria got in the hug too.

-time skip-

Papá had went to the bar.

It was a little late so we couldn't go to the madrigals to treat Mamá's bruises, we could only make medicinal herbs since most of the village relied on the madrigals for healing.

I cut up the carrots before placing them into the pot.

"What do you think will happen once papá comes back?" Maria asked.

"Everything will have to go back to normal." Mamá sighed.

Without papá here, we had dinner happily. We could finally talk about our experiences, gossip and laugh with each other. That was until the door opened.

Everything went silent.

Papá walked in, drunk as fuck.

"Hey hottie~ you're looking extra fine today. Wanna have some fun?" I stared at the scene in front of me, stunned(and disgusted)

'Was dad hitting on mamá?!"

"I think I'll take him to our room, continue eating." She took his arm and placed it around her shoulders.

"Hey! Where the fuck are you taking me..." and now he's wasted.

"I still don't understand why mamá's still with him."Maria whispered.

"Maybe she can't leave him." I shrugged.

"Who knows." We ate our dinner in silence.

Once we were done, we washed our plates before heading to bed.

'What a frightening day.'