5

Platform 9¾

To say the day was hectic was a very big understatement. Anastasia woke up late again and she was scrambling to make sure she had everything packed and ready to go.

"Snowflake!" Anastasia yelled out hoping that the lazy owl wouldn't be sleeping.

Snowflake was Anastasia's pet snowy owl. According to Elena, it was tradition in the Violet family to gift a Snowy Owlet to the newborn Violet. The love Violets had for the animal traced back to King Darius Violet, the first king of the wizarding world. He loved snowy owls so much that he began to breed them as a hobby. As a result, the snowy owl became a second symbol of the Violet family. Snowflake was very special to Anastasia as he was the only thing left of her parents.

Sure enough the owl flew to Anastasia slightly wobbling as he was, in fact, sleeping up until the moment Anastasia called out for him. Still, he gracefully landed on Anastasia's head as he began to doze off once again.

"Lazy owl," Anastasia mused as Snowflake made himself comfortable on Anastasia's head.

"San! Ana! You're going to be late if we don't leave now!" Elena's voice echoed through the manor.

Anastasia quickly grabbed her trunk and wobbled since the trunk was a little to heavy for her. Amazingly, Snowflake did not awake from the unstable way Anastasia was walking and kept very still on her head.

"Oh! Ana, let me get that!" Elena exclaimed as soon as Anastasia walked into the foyer. Elena grabbed the trunk and exited the house, leaving Anastasia and San alone in the big manor.

Anastasia looked around the manor she called home ever since she could remember. She was certain she wasn't going to forget what it looked like but she wanted to burn every detail into her memory. Although she was excited about going to Hogwarts, she was nervous and scared.

"Come on, you two. We have to get going," Elena re-entered the manor and smiled at her son and her niece.

The ride to King's Cross Station was quiet. Anastasia was too nervous about going away from Elena and San for the first time. Elena was excited for Anastasia but held worry that the attention she was going to be receiving from other students might stress out the already soft-hearted young girl. San was quiet because whether he wanted to admit it or not, he was going to miss his cousin.

Remus was already waiting in the platform between 9 and 10 on the lookout for the family that he was very close to. He checked his watch and saw that they were running a little bit late, no doubt because of Anastasia. He chuckled at the thought and continued to wait for the family to appear.

"There you are, I was beginning to think that you'd miss your first day of Hogwarts," Remus teased when the family of three finally arrived.

When Anastasia and her family reached King's Cross, it was 20 minutes before 11. It was cutting a little close but they still had some time for Anastasia to safely get on the Hogwarts Express even if she might not be able to have a compartment to herself.

Anastasia gave Remus a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I slept in," she admitted.

Remus let out a hearty laugh as he shook his head. "Of all days to act like your father, you just had to choose this one, didn't you?" Anastasia only smiled in response. She liked it when Remus or Elena told her how similar she acted like her mother or father. "Come on, you want a good seat on the train."

The four rushed through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10. A rush of wind greeted Anastasia as she ran toward the barrier with Remus. She couldn't help but shut her eyes tightly, running towards a brick wall was more frightening than Anastasia thought. When she felt herself slow down along with Remus, she opened her eyes.

Platform 9¾ seemed like your normal train platform. The only difference was the clothing the people were wearing on the platform. Instead of modern clothing that was common in the muggle world, the men and women were all wearing robes.

But other than the fashion, everything else was the same. The way parents said 'good bye' to their children, the way children hugged their parents, the way the children greeted their friends; it was all the same.

"Are you ready?" Remus asked smiling as he saw Anastasia's sparkling eyes.

She nodded excitedly, her eyes focused on the ruby red train that read: Hogwarts Express.

"Are you really gonna go?" San's quiet voice seemed very loud in Anastasia's mind.

The young witch quickly turned around to see San pouting with tears lining his eyes. It was the first time the young wizard had to say goodbye and it was difficult for him, even though he knew she was going to be coming back in the summer.

"I'll be back, and I'll write a lot of letters," Anastasia promised, sticking out her pinky finger. 

"Really?" Her cousin sniffled.

"Have I ever broken a promise?" Anastasia asked as San shook his head no. "I'll write so many letters you'd be begging me to stop."

"Alright," San smiled at his cousin.

"Be safe," Elena said as she pulled Anastasia into a long hug. "You don't need to make lots of friends, just be yourself and everyone will be attracted to you. You are a beautiful and kind person."

"Thanks Aunt Ellie," Anastasia said as a happy tear fell from her eyes.

"I'll see you during your break," Remus said as he patted Anastasia's head gently.

"I'll see you during Christmas!" Anastasia waved at her family before hurrying onto the train.