17

Troll 2

When they opened the door to the girl's bathroom they could see that the top of the stalls were completely smashed. Hermione was underneath the debris, but looked to not be seriously injured.

"Hermione move!" Harry's bellowed.

Hermione did what she was told and crawled to some of the stalls that weren't hit by the troll's club. Unfortunately, the troll used the club to break the remaining stalls, causing Hermione to be buried underneath more debris.

Anastasia, Harry, and Ron all picked up the broken wooden pieces of the bathroom stall and started throwing it at the troll, hoping to stop it from going after Hermione to give her time to escape.

"Hey, pea-brain!" Ron exclaimed as his wooden debris hit the troll on its head. Successfully, turning it's attention away from Hermione and towards the three other first-year students.

Hermione used that time, to crawl out from the debris to hide underneath the sick on the other side of the bathroom. Unfortunately for her, Ron didn't do the best job in getting the troll's attention. The troll raised its club over its head and swung down at the sink that Hermione was under.

Thankfully, Hermione saw that and crawled a sink or two away from the sink that was completely destroyed by the force of the troll's club.

"Help!" Hermione screamed.

Seeing a friend in danger, Harry took his wand out of his robe and rushed toward the troll just as the troll was getting ready to swing down at the sink the witch was hiding under. Harry, jumped on the tip of the club, making it a lot heavier for the troll when he did swing down and ultimately missing its target.

Harry with the help of the troll, managed to fling himself off of the club and onto the troll. His legs were on either side of the troll's neck and he hung on by grabbing the bald head of the troll. The trolls looked around trying to see what was on its head, but Harry made sure to keep himself steady before sticking his wand far up the troll's nose.

Anastasia, Ron, and Hermione all grimaced at the sight in front of them.

The troll tried everything it could to get the wand out of its nose, except using its hands. It tired sneezing and shaking its head but, alas, nothing helped. The trolls trashed about in pain as he reached up to grab something. Unfortunately for the troll it was not the wand that was put up its nose, rather it was the leg of Harry.

The boy who lived was now dangling upside down with the troll gripping onto his ankle firmly. "Do something!" Harry exclaimed. The troll aimed to hit Harry with its club but Harry seeing the club lifted himself up like he was doing crunches to not get hit by the weapon.

"What?" Ron asked as he looked around trying to think of what he could do.

"Anything!" Harry exclaimed as he lifted himself up once again to avoid being hit.

Ron took out his wand and looked around for help.

"Swish and flick," Hermione reminded the young wizard.

"You can do it, Ron," Anastasia assured the red-headed boy.

Anastasia, slowly inched toward Hermione and the sink that she was hiding under. Anastasia knew that with the troll's attention fully on Harry, it wouldn't think to attack any one of them for the time being. Hermione, seeing Anastasia coming over to where she was, also slowly crawled under the sinks to meet the last Violet half way. Anastasia stood in front of the sink and Hermione hid herself behind the purple-eyed witch. They slowly began to inch toward the door when Ron pointed his wand at the troll.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron chanted as he waved the wand correctly. The club was levitating in the air and the troll lost its grip on the weapon but it continued its motion as if the weapon was still in his hand.

It was only when the club failed to hit Harry that the troll realized that it no longer had the weapon in its hand. The troll cautiously lifted its head only to see that the missing club was floating above the trolls head.

Ron smiled when he saw that he was able to produce the charm and lowered his wand, successfully severing the connection of the wand to the club. The weapon, no longer being held up by magic, fell right on the troll's head with a loud thump.

"Cool," Ron breathed.

The troll immediately felt dizzy and lost its grip on Harry, making the young wizard drop to the floor. Harry noticed that the troll was swaying and realized that it was going to faint and wasted no time is shuffling backwards. The troll landed just inches away from Harry's feet.

"Is it dead?" Hermione asked as she came out from her hiding spot behind Anastasia. 

Harry shook his head, "Just knocked out." He reached over to grab his wand from the troll's nose and to all of their horror, there were troll boogies that coated Harry's wand. "Urgh! Troll boogies," Harry groaned as he wiped the wand clean.

"Ah!" They heard the gasp of someone else.

The four students turned around and saw that Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell, and Professor Snape had entered the girl's bathroom. In their focus, they hadn't realized how much noise they were making.

"Oh my goodness!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed as she saw the unexpected sight in front of her. "Explain yourselves both of you!" She demanded of Ron and Harry who were standing together in front of the door. Thankfully, Anastasia was standing with Hermione in front of the sinks so she went unnoticed for now.

The boys stumbled over their words as they tried to come up with a believable excuse to get themselves and the girls out of trouble.

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall," Hermione announced.

It was only then that the three professors seemed to have noticed the two girls standing a bit further in the bathroom.

"Miss. Granger?" Professor McGonagall asked completely taken aback.

Harry and Ron exchanged looks with each other also in complete shock. They couldn't believe that Hermione, the know-it-all and the teacher's pet, was purposefully lying to a professor.

"I went looking for the troll," Hermione told the professors without blinking. "I've read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong." Hermione turned to Harry and Ron giving them a grateful smile. "If Harry, Ron, and Anastasia hadn't come and found me, I'd probably be dead."

"Be that as it may," Professor McGonagall said with a shake of her head. "It was an extremely foolish thing to do. I would've expected a more rational behaviour on your part. And I'm very disappointed in you, Miss. Granger." Hermione lowered her head in shame. "Five points will be taken from Gryffindor, for your serious lack of judgement. As for you three-" Professor McGonagall continued as she looked to Anastasia, Harry, and Ron. "I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale.  Five points will be awarded to each of you- for sheer dumb luck!"

The professors quickly left the bathroom one by one but not before Professor Snape sent a very mean look to Professor Quirrell.

"Perhaps you ought to go," the stuttering professor spoke ushering the student out of the bathroom. "M-Might wake up!"

The four quickly left the bathroom, having enough adventure for one night. All of them couldn't wait until they were in their beds.

"Good for you to get us out of trouble like that," Harry told Hermione.

"Mind you, we did save her life," Ron interjected.

"Mind you, she might not have needed saving if you hadn't insulted her," Harry pointed out causing Ron to grimace and Anastasia to raise her eyebrow.

"Well, what are friends for?" Ron muttered as he smiled at Hermione who returned it.

"You know, we could have just told her the truth," Anastasia noted.

"Well we got points didn't we? And none of us were put into detention," Hermione said looking at the bright side of the situation.

The four students smiled. Who knew that a life-threatening adventure could make a friendship blossom?