14

The Three-Headed Dog

The news that Harry Potter made the Gryffindor Quidditch team as the youngest seeker in the century spread like wildfire. Anastasia was with Isabel when she heard the news. Isabel quickly had the biggest smile Anastasia had ever seen on her face as she excused herself by saying "I need to see Malfoy's face" and rushing off to the Slytherin common room. Anastasia couldn't help but giggle and shake her head as she watched her friend disappear down the hall.

When she was completely left alone, she started to walk out into the courtyard to see if she could find her friend to congratulate him on making the team. When she did find him turning the corner to the hallway she was in with Ron next to him.

"Seeker?!" Ron's voice seemed to echo through the hallway. "But first years never make the house team. You must be the youngest quidditch player in -"

"The century," Harry answered with a proud smile on his face. "According to McGonagall."

"Congratulations on that," Anastasia spoke as soon as she caught up with the duo.

"Thanks, Ana," Harry responded with a smile.

"Hey, well done Harry, Woods just told us," Fred said congratulating the young first year.

"Fred and George are on the team too," Ron explained after seeing Harry and Anastasia's confused look. "Beaters."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad," George teased. "Can't make any promises of course. Rough game, Quidditch!"

"Brutal!" Fred added on with a mischievous smile of his own. "But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally-"

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George finished Fred's sentence with a chuckle. The two boys joked around before continuing to walk down the corridor to get to their class. Ron and Anastasia smiled at their antics but Harry seemed to be very worried as he didn't know a thing about the wizarding game.

"Oh go on, Harry," Ron assured his friend. "Quidditch is great! The best game there is! And you'll be great too"

"But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool out of myself?" Harry sighed with worry.

"You won't make a fool out of yourself," Hermione, out of nowhere, appeared and injected herself into the conversation. "It's in your blood."

Harry, Ron, and Anastasia looked to each other unable to understand what Hermione was talking about. Hermione, rolled her eyes, as she motioned for the three friends to follow her. The three exchanged looks of disbelief but followed after the bushy haired girl. They went down the corridors until they came up to a display case with medals and plaques of the past Quidditch players in Gryffindor.

Hermione pointed to a specific plaque. One that read: James Potter. Ron and Anastasia's eyes grew wide at the name while a big grin appeared on Harry's face.

"Woah!" Anastasia breathed.

"You never told me your father was a seeker too!" Ron gasped.

"I didn't know," Harry responded as he couldn't take his eyes off of the plaque that had his father's name engraved on it.

"Well, now we know that you'll do perfectly fine," Anastasia said with a smile. "It's in your blood."

Harry smiled at the encouraging words from his friends as the four began their journey back to the Gryffindor tower. Ron walked a little bit faster than Hermione, leaving the girl to be slightly left behind. He ushered Harry and Anastasia to keep up with him. Harry obliged as he was more friendlier with Ron than Hermione. Anastasia was a little torn, did she go with her friends or make a new friend with someone who reminded her of Isabel in the way that the two seemed to always be aloof in their own houses.