7

Harry Potter

Isabel and Anastasia kept near each other the entire boat ride to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry while all the older students left for the school in self-pulled carriages. Anastasia decided she really liked Isabel. Although the darker skinned girl had a very cold exterior, she was actually pretty funny and very, very sarcastic. Not to mention, Isabel had a kind heart and was willing to see different perspectives and respected them.

The two young witches followed the crowd of other first year students as they all walked up the stairs until they all stopped in front of the large double door.

Anastasia saw that there was a older woman in dark emerald green robes with a black pointed hat. The older witch also looked very stern, as if she had never smiled a day in her life. She had a very strong aura around her, Anastasia knew that the older woman should not be underestimated.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," her strong voice echoed around the tall walls of the corridor. "Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. While you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup."

"Trevor!" A voice cut off the professor. Anastasia craned her neck to see a plump boy picking something up from the top of the staircase. "Sorry." Anastasia heard the very quiet and nervous voice of the boy.

"The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily," the professor said as if nothing had happened before turning around and heading into the Great Hall.

"Which house do you think you'll be sorted into?" Anastasia turned to ask her new found friend.

"Slytherin, yay," sarcasm dripped from Isabel's voice as her smile went nowhere near her eyes. "What about you?"

"I don't know. My mum was in Gryffindor and my dad was in Hufflepuff, so I'm hoping for one of those two," Anastasia responded thoughtfully.

"So it's true then!" Anastasia heard the voice from the train.

"Oh, there he goes," Isabel rolled her eyes. "Just wait for the gold and jewels to flow from his mouth."

Anastasia muffled a laugh as she payed attention to what was happening near the top of the stairs.

"Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," Draco announced.

Anastasia watched as Draco pushed himself off of the railing and walked over to a boy who had raven hair that seemed to stick in every direction possible.

"Wow, two celebrities. That's going to make us rich and famous," Isabel quipped making Anastasia nudge her to stay quiet with an amused looked in her purple eyes.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle," he motioned to the two boys who was a lot bigger than the blonde wizard. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

"He seems to be very proud of his last name, huh?" Anastasia commented.

"You have no idea," Isabel agreed.

"You think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley," he spat the last name causing Anastasia to frown. He really was a bully. "You'll soon find that there are some wizarding families that are better than others. You don't want to be going around making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

Anastasia watched closely with curiosity. She'd heard of Harry Potter from Remus. He always had something wonderful to say about Harry Potter's father, James. She heard so many stories of James Potter and Sirius Black, the 'leaders' of their little group going around and pranking the entire school and constantly getting detention because of it, yet Remus always mentioned how the two were always deadly royal to their friends, a reason why her father and Remus himself became friends with the mischievous duo. Not to mention, his mother and her mother were the best of friends during their years at Hogwarts.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Harry replied in a very nonchalant voice.

Anastasia couldn't help the smile from forming onto her face. It seemed like Harry was a lot like his father, loyal to his friends enough to stick up for them from a bully.

Before Draco could make another quip or a mean comment about Harry or the Weasley, the stern professor from before returned. She gently tapped Draco's shoulder signaling him to go back to his original place. Anastasia didn't miss the glare Draco gave Harry before hurrying back to where he was standing before with his goons.

"We're ready for you now."