|nine9|

Montrez Dale Davis

"Hey ma" "don't hey ma me. Where you been?" "I've been around" "mhm. I know what that mean. Whatchu been up to lately? Usually you would've called me" "nothing really" " nothing really. What have you really been up to?" "Ma I love you"
"Ohh shit. What lil skank you done got pregnant?" I nodded my head. She know me too damn well.

"Her name Nyuh" "Trez I didn't think you was forreal. How many months is she?" "4 years" "huh?" "I have a 4 year old daughter"

"Elaborate".

"I met Nyuh at a party a few years ago and you know... did the do and I didn't know until a few days ago Maleeah was mines. It was hella-". He got cut off by his mom raising her eyebrows.
"My fault. It was hecka weird. It was like she was tryna make it seem that maleeah wasn't mines. I literally had to force her to do a test"
"Well then trez. Maybe she isn't yours".

Trez shook his head. "I knew you was gonna say something like that". He pulled out the picture of his mom and pulled up a picture he took of Maleeah and showed it to his mom.

His mom looked at the pictures in awe. "Trez.. Trez this really is my grand baby. She looks just like me". I nodded. "When can I meet her. Trez I wanna hold her".

"I know ma. They left for home earlier today. I don't know  when they'll be back but when she comes back y'all can meet.

"Well what's the mom like? How is she?" "She's stubborn. Very stubborn and won't take no for an answer. And very independent" "you have a picture of her?" I grabbed the phone scrolling in the camera roll looking to find a picture I snapped this morning during brunch.
"Awee dale she's a pretty young lady. You said her names Nyuh?" He nodded. "I can't believe you kept a whole family a secret from me. Come help me clean and get my mind off this. Ima cry" she said exaggerating while getting up. "Ma I just found out a few days ago. Trust me, you would've been the first one to know" he said pulling the trash bag strings tightly before tying them. "I can't wait to meet them Trez" "I know ma".

"Aight ma, im out" "okay baby I love you" "I love you too ma" "Dale do me a favor. Go to CVS and get them pictures printed out for me" "Ma that's gon be weird. You haven't even met her yet" "I don't care". I laughed shaking my head. I know she doesn't give not one care at all. If she want it, she want it. "Aight ma ima get em printed fa you okay? I love you" "love you too baby. Let me know when you get home" "okay". I hugged her and left out.

Myonne Anyuh Maleah

"We haven't been home in a while huh Ray?" Leeah shook her head. "We can get ice cream?" "Please?" "Please" "we will see. Make sure you using ya manners at all time okay Rarity" "yes ma'am". I kissed her forehead.

"Whatchu wanna eat?" "Fries and nuggets?" "Shoulda known you was gonna say that. Do me a favor Leeah, go make sure all yo toys is picked up in the room" "okay ma" "thank you baby"

"Lee you want ketchup on the side or all over?" "The side. Thank you mommy" "you welcome baby. What show?" "My little pony".
I turned on my little pony as we ate then got clothes out for later.

"Lee you gonna get soap in your eyes" "I'm not mommy. Look i have a beard". I giggled at her. "Smile" I said taking a picture of her. "I love you poot" "I love you too poot" "you can't take my nickname fa you" I said wrapping her up in a towel. "Yes i can poot"

"Whatever li mama. Which lotion?" She pointed to the purple one. Lavender. Night night 😩.

I lotioned her up and put her clothes on putting some baby powder on before putting her in the bed.

Taking a cup of water I sat on the couch and continued watching my little pony and thinking to myself.
This whole weekend was hectic. I literally had to fight fa my daughter. I started chewing on my  nail. Maybe leeah met Trez too early. What if he fucks up? What if he.. what if he does to Leeah what my father did to me? My heart started speeding up and the I started chewing harder. Breathe Ny. Breathe. I took a deep breath only for me to go back to thinking. Even worse. What if he does to Leeah what B did to me? 

I got up and ran to the sink and threw water on my face. "I can't keep thinking. I gotta get my mind off that shit".

I walked down the hallway to the closet and got a towel to pat my face dry. Reaching back into the closet I grabbed my art book and all my pencils and sat on the floor in the room so I could draw and keep watch on Leeah.

Looking down at the almost finished piece, I smiled. I was satisfied. I only had the coloring left to do. I looked down at my phone and seen the time. "3:18". Ohh shit. Im gonna regret this so much. Hurriedly, I put up the materials and climbed in bed, forcing myself to sleep.

5 mins later.

*ping
"Who the hell texted me at this early time" looking at the phone to seeing an affirmation.
"Give it a try". Closing my phone and turning on my back. "What do you mean by that?" 

I opened my phone and went to the picture I took of Leeah earlier.