Our arrival at Liyue!

1st POV

"Hey Paimon, Akemi, what's Liyue like?" Says Aether as he sets up the camp fire.

I proceed to look at the food options we had as I responded. "Uhhh... It's a place that values contacts above all. It's ruled by the God of Contracts, Morax, but the Liyue Qixing are the Controlling Entities of the land." I explained.

Paimon jumped in on the conversation, "Yeah! And the food their is amazing~" She says as she fantasised about all the different dishes she could have.

Gotta be honest, the food their was some of the best things I've ever eaten.

"Alright, so how should we confront Morax then is what I'm wondering." Says Aether.

I thought for a second. "I have no idea. I guess you just talk to him while he give out his DiViNe PrEdIcTiOnS!"

He hummed in agreement as he finally started the fire. I Sweatdropped at this, "You know I could've started the fire Aether.." I mumbled to myself.

_-_-_-_-_

"And here we are! At Liyue Harbour!!" I cheered.

Aether looked around in amazement, "Jeez, this place is even bigger than Mondstadt."

I wrapped an arm around his shoulder, "I know right? But we can't get distracted yet my dear friend!" I warned him.

"Yea! If you wanna find the Geo Archon, this is the only chance you'll get all year." Paimon explained. "Guess it's a good thing Venti and Akemi brought it up earlier, otherwise we definitely would've  missed this years Rite of Decendsion" I nodded my head in agreement.

Aether took a few quick glances around before asking something, "Do you know when or where it is?" He asked.

Paimon paused, "Uhh.. might be today, might also be tomorrow...?" The child guessed.

"And that's what I'm here for!" I spoke triumphantly.

"The Rite of Decendsion starts at 12PM today, so we have nearly Two hours before we make it over there!  So that should give us time to book into an Inn and for you guys to get accustomed to what it's like over here."

"Hm! And since we're already here, let's asks some of the locals about Liyue too!" Suggested Paimon. "Oh, right. About the Geo Archon 'Morax'... Did you know? The mora that we use is named after this God?"

Aether deadpanned. "Oh wow, I never would have guess something like that." He says in a sarcastic tone.

"Right? But it's seen as impolite for people from outside Liyue to refer to him by that name. So we should refer to the Geo Archon by the name Rex Lapis, like the people of Liyue do."

I rolled my eyes. "I still don't get what's so rude about calling him Morax, I do it all the time!"

_-_-_-_-_

'Nah cuz I know damn well that this lady is trying to pick a fight-'

The lady known as Linlang proceeded to boast about Liyue. "Given that you just left your godless city, it's time you experienced what it's like to be in a city whose God has walked with it though all of history." She said in a proud tone.

Aether akwardly nodded before dragging me away with Paimon in order to prevent me from throwing hands. "That ugly woman was just practically asking for a death wish!"

Still pulling me along, Aether laughs. "Akemi.... calm down.. Let's move to the next person."

I pouted, "I don't want to. Let's go to the Yunjing Terrace, the Rite of Decendsion is held there this year."