The voices, the voices...!

_-_-_-_-_

Everything happened so fast, that it felt like time had slowed down just for me.

This person - this amazing, beautiful, majestic being slashed through that flaming creature in just one smooth motion!

My eyes followed her movements with awe as she gracefully landed on the ground, sword in hand. As the monster faded into a pile of ashes, I could only watch in stunned silence as the magnificent being turned towards me. I could feel my heart skip a beat, not just from fear, but from a sudden, unexpected rush of excitement.

When she turns to me, I took this moment to study her features. She seemed like a woman in her 20's, cyan hair, pretty purple eyes... the clothes she wore were definitely suitable for combat, so this must be a normal thing for her!

I couldn't help but panic a little when she began approaching me, but she put her weapon away when she did, so that means she isn't hostile towards me, right?

Actually, that sword seemed a little familiar...

'Maybe I should go talk to her!' I thought to myself, my heart beating faster at the prospect of speaking to her.

However, before I could say anything, she turned her head slowly, and her angry glare seemed to pierce right through me, catching me completely off guard. "What do you think you're doing?!" she said to me, "Are you trying to fight fire with fire now?"

I could only stare at her in shock, unsure of how to respond.

What's with that sassy response? I didn't even do anything bad!

"I... came because I thought you'd need help," I blurted out, feeling self-conscious about my words. Though, I noticed that I sounded bland and uninteresting, and it felt like I had no control over my own words. I was like an introvert who never learned how to properly communicate.

And I think it's fairly clear, I'm no introvert!

Not that it's bad or anything...

Also, I felt weird... like I was isolated? Is that the best way to describe it?

The lady scoffed at my words, as if my those and my actions were meaningless to her. "Help? What are you? A moron?" she asked, sounding as if she wanted to scream out in rage. What was her problem?

Well okay, rude much.

"If you really wanted to help," she continued, "you would have been long gone by now, helping the others!"

I could only stare at her in mute confusion, wondering where all this aggression was coming from. I was just trying to be helpful!

My arms were crossed, sending a challenging gaze her way. "They don't need it, you do," I said, sounding confident and sure of myself.

Her eyes narrowed as she studied me, clearly frustrated by whatever actions I've done. She brought her hands up to her temples, messaging away at them, annoyed with the situation she found herself in.

Meanwhile, I noticed the remains of the monster began glowing a bright mutated yellow, and the ashes began rising into the air and coalescing into a giant fireball. All the while, the woman continued scolding me, not even noticing the looming danger behind her.

Should I say something? I don't feel like I can... Then again, maybe I just don't wanna talk over her.

'Perhaps I should say something...' I tried to interject, only to be promptly cut off.