Caught in the Act!

3rd Pov

"..."

"..."

"..."

"......Nenenenenene– augh–!"

A loud thud was heard, and Akemi was manhandled to the ground by Aether.

The guard known as Keijirou glances around for anything out of the ordinary. "Hm? What's that sound?"

The lady at the stall he was talking to, Ryouko, turned to where the man was staring at curiously. "I didn't hear anything sir."

It didn't take much convincing to make the guard drop the subject. "I'm probably just hearing things, have a lovely day."

He walks away from the lady at the stall, and down the stairs and towards the nearby seashore. Thankfully, he didn't notice the group of four right next to the stairs, with two of the four holding down the girl in red, covering her mouth so they could put a stop to that inconvenient stealth noise of hers.

Akemi tugs on Aether's wrist, wanting the blond to stop suffocating her with his hand. He only did let go when the Keijirou turned the corner, keeping them out of his sight range.

"Akemi..."  Aether said with a tone of disappointment.

Without responding, Akemi pouts. She proceeds to follow the man, not stopping with her little stealth noise.

'Nenenenenenenenene...'

At least it was in her mind now.

After a few more minutes of following him, they find Keijirou kneeling on the ground, seemingly burying something before he had with a satisfied grin on his face and walked off.

Werner watched all of this with a look of confusion. "What could he be doing at a place like this."

"Maybe he's burying a body!" Says Akemi, slowly turning to Werner who stared at her. "You'll be next if I don't get an apology in the next 5 minutes."

In response, Werner rolls his eyes, not wanting to apologise for anything. "As if." He says. Aether swore he could see lightning spark between them as they both held irritated looks on their faces.

Paimon senses the tension between them, trying to change the topic quickly. "Hehe.. W-why don't we take a look?"

They all approached the lazily buried item, easily able to dig it up. When they did, the find was slightly underwhelming.

"It's a... Book?" Questioned Paimon.

Akemi grabs the book and quickly flips through it only to find nothing of fun interest. "It's just a boring old ledger... Evidence found!" She says, holding it close to her chest.

"What? Wait- let me see that!" Before the merchant could take the book from her hands, she backed up, holding the book out of reach.

"And why should I give it?" She inquired, narrowing her eyes at the Liyue merchant.

"Why you-"

The Traveler sighs, stepping in before an argument could break out.
"Let me see it, then." He suggested. Akemi doesn't hesitate and hands the ledger to Aether, letting him look through all the pages.

While he read through it, Paimon scoots closer to Akemi and whispers into her ear. "Y'know... Paimon thought there'd be a hidden pile of mora."

The pyro user nods, not taking his eyes off Werner who had yet to give an apology. "Not like you'd have any of it. We'd give it to the Trade Association because we're good people." She sighs painstakingly loud, drawing the adult's attention. "Unlike SOME people here!"