eight.

Last time on Heartbreaker...

Holding an ice pack to his eye, Trent scoffed. "Saying you were working with the guy that put them through all this shit. Mal or whatever.."

"Oh shit.."

~

Chapter eight ;
reminiscing

The group (excluding Owen) huddled in Duncan's shop. Courtney sat next to the tattoo artist busying herself looking through a reference binder, Bridgette and Geoff stood nearby, the woman's head buried in her phone checking on their sleeping baby on their ring cameras. Izzy practically danced around the tattoo shop, exploring every inch of the place as Heather stood by Alejandro. Her head rested on his chest, as she held onto him by his waist. The three men stood next to their respective partners, and discussed how they would handle Scott, and his step brother if necessary. "We don't owe either of them any loyalty. I say we get rid of both of them." The two, and even his girlfriend looked at the blonde with worry before the Latino spoke up. "Okay, Geoff's gone off the deep end. So, what we're gonna do tonight is get him while he least expects it. We'll be golden. Courtney just has to act as normal as possible." The brunette looked up at Alejandro as he nodded at her. "Can you do that, Court?"

~

"Alright, you can't see me, and I can see you.  Just act natural, baby. Everything's gonna be fine." Courtney huffed into the receiver as she stood near a tree. "Do not jinx me! Something bad always happens to us when we say shit like that. I love you, I'll talk to you later." She quickly hung up seeing the redneck ginger, walk over a smile perking up on his face. "Court, how great to see you-"

"mmm, only my friends and fiancé call me Court. And you're neither.." She began to walk with him towards a bench, where Duncan was still out of sight but he could still see them. "So Gwen is still your friend. After everything she did to you? We technically did the same thing-" the brunette cut him off again, her eyebrows starting furrow together in anger. "They aren't even comparable. And me and Gwen have a different relationship, we aren't technically friends. It's also just not your business." His familiar chuckle filled her ear, as her eyebrows softened. "What?"

"I miss your snappiness, Courtney." He exaggerated the last syllable in her name making her giggle, as he subtly moved closer to her. "Why do you love my attitude, and tantrums?" The ginger gave her a sweet smile leaning on the back of the bench. "I love everything about you.." Courtney felt her breath hitch in her throat as she looked away. Just as Scott was about to speak up again, her phone dinged making them both look at her phone. She pulled it up, both kind of knowing it was Duncan.

Dunkie 💘 | 6:40 pm
are you good ? All the guys are in place
ready whenever you are

Scott lowered her phone from her face, leaning into her so their faces were inches apart. Her eyes widened as she could feel his hot breath against her lips, making her attempt to lean back even further than she already had. "Doesn't being back here make you reminisce, Court?" Courtney felt herself be lifted off the bench, as she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she stumbled into the blonde woman that basically swept her off her feet. "Are you okay, Courtney? Where the hell did Bridgette come from?!" Standing up from the bench, the redneck now looking around expectantly. The brunette stuttered for a second. She suddenly found herself speechless as she looked at the ginger.

"It doesn't matter where I came from. You should not be all up on her like that! She's engaged and not interested..." His blue eyes switched over to the oddly quiet woman, as the two locked eyes the blonde's words seemed to disappear. They had almost blocked the rest of the world out, before the ginger was sent to the ground as a tattooed fist flew into the side of his face. Reality suddenly came crashing back into the latina as she was pulled away by Bridgette. "Come on, Court." She looked back to see the three guys overtaking the dirty redneck as the two ran off.

~

Baby Keala squealed as she stumbled her way over to her aunt Heather. "Ohh, now you're all over me cause I'm pregnant Ke?" The asian playfully snapped at the toddler before she pulled her into her lap tickling her. The blonde laughed at the action before turning to face the still quiet brunette. Who sat solemnly watching the ravenette bond with the baby. "Court, you haven't said a word since I swept you up from Scott.." Suddenly bringing the attention to her, Courtney looked over to catch the mother's worried eyes geared towards her. "Don't look at me like that. I'm fine.."