two.

Last time on Heartbreaker ...

"To happiness." And with that the group clinked their glasses together.. Believing that their toast would actually bring them joy. But... they were wrong.

~

Chapter two :
The past

"That was awful." Courtney complained as she walked in the apartment with Duncan. "So you dated Trent's stepbrother?" turning around to face him, Courtney raises an eyebrow. "Uhh , yeah. We established that." "So you dated Trent and his brother?" Duncan crossed his arms over his chest looking at her. "Yes, but I didn't know they were step brothers when I dated neither of them. Why does this matter?" "Don't you know how that makes me feel, Courtney?" A look of anger flashed over Courtney's face as she threw her bag at him. "How that makes YOU feel? What about me, Duncan?! You don't even know what Scott put me through! You don't know why we broke up! Why I'm the way that I am!" Flinching as her bag flew towards him, his face softened looking at her. "Courtney..." "nope, leave me alone." And with that, she left the room and walked up the stairs.

~
4 am

Courtney sat in one of their guest bedrooms, typing away on her computer drinking a cup of tea. So into her laptop screen she didn't notice the door slowly opening and her fiancé slipping into the room. He held two donuts in his hand as he sat on the bed behind her. "Get out, Duncan." the brunette stated without turning her head to look at him. "I bought you up a donut. You know you love these." slightly turning her head and seeing the pastry in his hand, she reached towards him grabbing before turning back to her screen. "Okay. You can leave now." "Court, come on. I'm sorry okay, it was just a lot to process. Talk to me, tell me what that asshole did so I can understand how you feel." She sat there quietly before nodding lightly closing the laptop and turning to face her fiancé. "Hey, pretty girl." A small sigh left Courtney's lips as she laughed at his remark. "Okay, so let me explain the backstory of me and Scott..."

~FLASHBACK~

the young college student sat in the cafe, looking around for her boyfriend. Their plan was meet at the school's coffee shop and go from there to their friend's party. As his red hair came into view, a smile appeared on her lips as she stood up. He walked in, coming up behind her covering her eyes. "Guess who." "Scott, I know it's you." Uncovering her eyes, the couple laughed as she leaned into peck his lips. Scott grabbed the girls hand making her open her eyes. "So babe.. any update when you're getting your braces off?"

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"Hold on.. you had braces?" "Duncan—" the man began to laugh hysterically almost falling off the bed as the brunette just started at him. "Sorry, that's just hilarious. You probably were adorable." He squeezed her cheek tightly before she squatted it away, and putting a fist up to his face threateningly. "Okay okay . Just continue."

~FLASHBACK~

"I don't really know yet. But maybe a month? Why?" "Nothing... just wondering." He shook his head giving the girl a convincing fake smile. "Let's go, babe." The two walked out the cafe, and began there journey to the fraternity house.

~

The two walked in and Scott smiled widely high-fiving and bro hugging the guy that stood near the entrance. "Lightning! What's up bro? How's the.. you know.. up in here?" "Honestly.. sha-hot!" Scott chuckled at the boy's joke, the other guy on the other hand eyes widened noticing Courtney on his arm looking at the two confused. "Courtney! I didn't even see you there? How are you?" She smiled lightly at him giving him a small hug. "I'm go-" "come on babe, let's go get some food."

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"Okay honestly, I'm tired of hearing this. I already didn't like him before and I damn sure don't like his red-neck ass now." Pulling the girl closer to him, he kissed the side of her head. "Going out with him, shouldn't even be in your past. You deserve so much better." "Like you? I know, i was naive and insecure in college. Let me finish though. I'm almost done." Giving him a small smile, she leaned her head on his chest and began to continue the story.

~FLASHBACK~

"Courtney, oh my god. Look at yourself. You are so embarrassing." Throwing napkins at the girl, Scott stormed off towards the bathroom. Courtney teared up beginning to look at Gwen. "Oh no, baby. Do not cry. I think Scott is getting more napkins, let's go with him." Placing her pale hands on the much tanner girl's shoulders, she guided her towards where the bathrooms were. Both the girls stopping their tracks seeing what was infront of them. Scott, making out with one of Courtney's friends, Emma. "Oh my g-" putting her hair up in a ponytail, and giving Gwen her earrings. The goth didn't even finish her sentence before Courtney jumped on Scott attacking him.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"And that's it." Looking up at him, Duncan held an amused face before making eye contact with his fiancé. "Wow, I don't know whether to thank Scott or beat his ass." The two laughed before Duncan looked at the girl seriously. "You didn't deserve that, beautiful. He won't hurt you like that ever again, and us. We are forever."

"Right.. forever."

Real OG's know I love having cute ass duncney moments at 4 am. It's just about 1 am rn and i just finished a chapter for each book. and you probably already read the other chapters i wrote.