five.

Last time on Heartbreaker ...

"I am so glad to have you guys. Seriously, I don't know where I'd be without you." An 'aww' came from Bridgette as the three came in to hug the brunette. Their sweet moment was cut short by the brunette's phone ringing. The group pulled away giving her space to answer.

"This is a prepaid call from 'Mike Wilson' . Press 0 to answer."

~

Chapter five ;
Something off

Mal was calling her. Literally calling her from jail. Reluctantly pressing 0 on her screen. "Hel-" "Courtney.. nice to hear that heavenly voice of yours." Chills ran down her spine hearing his voice, it sounded the same. same as when he shot her best friend. "Why the hell are you calling me?" "Don't you miss our little games already?" He really had the nerve to call what he did a GAME. "Well I did. So i sent in a sub for me. You might know him. He's visting his step brother." Her eyes widened hearing what he said. "Did y-" "Ughh, I have to go. Talk to you tomorrow, Barlow." The click though expected still made the brunette jump in anger. "Oh my god! Damn it!" Her eyes filled with tears as she hit the arm of her couch. "Court... who was that?"

~

"What the hell are you doing here?" "Wow, if it's like that i can just leave!" With a wave to him, the raven haired delinquent went back to sketching on the paper infront of him. "Stop being such a drama queen and sit down somewhere." With a laugh the blonde sat on the couch that was in the lobby of the tattoo shop. "Alright, now we can finish our conversation. And not to be shady-" "Geoff, you are shady." He scoffed before starting to laugh, nodding at the other. "Okay, you're right. But my point still stands. Trent's brother is sus, bro." Looking up from his paper, Duncan raised his eyebrow looking at his friend. "What do you mean?"

~

"MAL CALLED YOU?!" Anger flashed in the Asian's eyes as the brunette told them who she was on the phone with. "what did he say..?" Bridgette placed her hand on the girl's shoulder in attempt to calm her down as she looked at Courtney. "Scott is helping Mal! but.. that's all he told me and then he said he had to go." The ginger tilted her head to the side in thought as Bridgette spoke up again. "We have to tell Trent and Gwen-" "That stupid goth slut is probably in on it. I told you guys keep a damn eye on her." With a roll of her eyes, the ginger stood up looking at the group. "Shut up, Heather. Court, Bridge you guys go tell Trent, Gwen, and the guys. Heather, get some snacks.. we're going to see that bitch."

~

"That's not weird to you?" Geoff gave his friend a deadpanned look as he told him the off things he noticed about Trent's step brother. "It is kind of.. but isn't he a redneck? Some of the things they do is weird all together. But I don't like the dude anyways." "I know, man. But I'm telling you... there's something off about this guy." Their conversation was cut short as they looked over to the door opening. "Princess, you finally gonna let me put the needle to your skin.. you guys okay?" Concern took over his face as he noticed the two's expression. Bridgette looked to see if Courtney would answer her fiancé, before taking a breath to answer the delinquent's question. "Well, long story short. Scott is working for Mal.."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"