Wake-up

The room was empty. White walls, white bed, white, white, white. The only sources of color are me (with big, obnoxious, orange-and gold hair), and my wonderful books. The door was closed, silence broken with the steady beeping that always lingers here. The lady that brings me food and drink says I'm not ready to go, but she lets me walk along the white floors. I like my legs. Strong and ready for more than just running. Smooth and scarred and covered in memories I can't reach by myself anymore. Maybe I was a superhero in a past life.

***
It's dusk by the time the nice lady comes back, but she's not alone. A cat-person with big, pale reddish-brown hair, a simple yellow dress, and a solemn face with one eye graying from a scar followed her silently. They seemed nice and warm. Familiar. Wait, looking a little closer, their shoulders are broad and comforting. This is a boy. I smile and pat the bed, moving my legs so he could sit.

Looking at me up and down, he begins to cry. His tears are as red as the blood I spilled in this very building, the same color of the puddle a human laid unconscious in. The human that was the reason I was always gonna be stuck behind a white door, no escape from the white walls and bedsheets. It makes me start to cry too, my arms automatically raising to cover his eye.

I don't remember much, other than my name and my books, but I had a small hunch we had a past together, and maybe had a chance for a future. That was all gone now, probably was even before I ended up behind white-white-white. He opened his mouth, a pool of gold.

"Why did you trap them, Autumn? Why did you trap Ben and Violet? She's dead now, Autumn. Tell me- WHY DID YOU START THE FIRE?!"

I couldn't answer. My mouth felt like it was being stitched up, tightening every time, pulling my lips closed painfully. I opened my own mouth, finding a voice I had no right to have in the first place. "Who are you?" I asked, small purple gems falling from my eyes. I couldn't stop it, couldn't remember who these people were, couldn't even remember how to use the power the lady said I had long ago. I lost all control of myself. He must've quickly realized that I couldn't remember who anyone was.

"Autumn...I think I have an idea of how you can remember how much you mean to me, and how we can get your forgiveness from, well, about everyone." He sighed, explaining calmly. I nodded. Anything is worth getting these memories of him and Ben and even who Violet was to us all.

"Let me tell you a story..."

(A/N: 475 WORDS FOR THAT ENTIRE THING?! Holy heck I can't believe that you, who clicked on this, read the entire thing and it's just the beginning. Well, hope you enjoy this crazy story of more stories about the one of few characters I have-)