Everything Goes Wrong

???'s POV:

As me and my brother started gearing up, he looked at me with that sad face again. "I still can't believe it— breaking into one of our most loyal servant's home." He whispered. Glaring at him, I had to give him one of the fiercest reminders of the truth. "Was our most loyal servant until he decided that running off with our only sister was the best thing to do. Even with twenty-eight other guys in the house, something was missing that one fateful day." I hissed at him, and he backed down.

"I just don't wanna be there when you get busted. We're doing this in our animal masks, right? The tiger and the snake." He replied, sliding his glasses over the ski mask. "Who's more likely to get caught? And do you even know how serious earth crimes are to a prince about to sit as king?" He  asked. I rolled my eyes. "Mother chose me for a reason, puny child. As the eldest son of Queen Opal—"

I didn't even get to finish, when he sacked me in the jaw. "You think you're invincible, don't you?" He cried. Ripping the mask off, tears were hurriedly flowing down his cheeks and he tossed me the photo I never thought I'd see again. It was the three of us, Autumn holding the first fish she ever caught. Smiling so big her eye closed as the sun shone down on us, Taboo ruffling her hair, as always minding the horn. It was almost perfectly preserved, the only impurity a fold in the corner. I was jumping up behind them, my chipped tooth showing just as proudly as theirs were.

This was before we were assigned weapons, before our personalities were revealed to one another. I was armed with defense; a blunt weapon and close range. My baby sister was gifted nunchucks, to keep her scattered brain in one place. When Taboo had handed me his weapon I knew he was serious about this decision to abandon our mission— our pact. As the most ethical, he was given the only tool capable of murder. A long blade, pure silver and in perfect condition from always staying in the sheath. "If you are serious on hunting with your eye and in the mental condition you are in, at least make sure you are properly armed for the possibility of an attack." He said, slithering off into the dark hallway.

Only the moons of Saturn kept me company, and the sound of snake tail gliding along the floor had gone silent. I was truly alone. "What are you looking at?!" I shouted out to no one. "I'm damn fine on my own...any tiger can hunt with just one eye...and the fear of a missing paw."

"He can, can't he?"

(A/N: Thank you for the continued support of my work, it means the world to me. While I still work on my other books, this one has a solid plot line that the others lack, so please be patient with sloppy or late works on my other books. I'm just crazy nervous about this big assessment that's coming up— being judged by a professional team is not the cup of tea my nerves need. I love you all, have a safe day/night!)