Nightmare

(Word in advance, this might be a bit of a shorter read, mainly cuz I don't have many ideas)

Autumn's POV- It was an ordinary night, and I was sweeping the chimney out. It was strange I remember the fluid motions, but I guess it's the same with all dreams. I started coughing on a strange scent, and it felt like the smoke was choking me. Flames started creeping up the house, each tongue slick and wily and too hot, even for me. Looking out the nearest window, it was broken already and everyone was standing outside on the cool grass. There were babies in Ben's arms, crying and reaching out to the house. I don't know the kids, yet I feel so connected to them. Why?

I couldn't shout, the fumes creeping into my lungs. I simply laid down and let my figure be disposed of. They would rather have Violet alive and Ben unhurt than have me, disfigured and broken minded.

I woke up, sweat dowsed and tears staining my face. I started to cry again, curling into a ball like a little girl. I wiped my tears, and slowly creeped into the hallways. The creaking floorboards quickly lead me to being caught on the balcony. It was my guest, he had two cups of tea in his hands.

"I know you don't remember when we had that picnic, but I brought your favorite tea, and we stayed on top of that building till sunset. And then, we...well...um..." He stuttered. I didn't know what he wanted to say, but I trusted him and took the cup anyways. It tasted like raspberry jam, a winter picnic in a mug.

"I decided to make raspberry because it reminds me of my 619th birthday." He sighed, smiling at the memory. I nearly spit out my tea, fumbling with the mug. "619 years old?!" I coughed, wiping my lips. He nodded, a smile replaced by a look of confusion. "Well, not really. I'm over twenty thousand years old. If we had put you in the hospital last year...and it's June now...With your birthday in September...You should be about... twenty thousand, too." He muttered, struggling with the calculations.

We were ancient, no doubt the Starfolk I always read about. I love the sensation of looking so young and being as old as the trees and wind are. I wanted him to make me drop this intricate teacup and close the space between us. I...I...I remember his name! I started sobbing, tears of burning joy. "I remember you!" I cried, dropping my cup and hugging him tightly.

He dropped his own cup, frightened by the sudden voice jolt, shatter, and my embrace. "Roa, Roa, Roa! I love you, I love you, I love you so much!" I whimpered into his warm coat. I felt him stroking my back, breathing deeply to calm his scared heartbeat.

"I love you, too, Autumn. I love you too."