Night #2

Bubbles rolled down my body as I completed my quick shower. Thoughts of Autumn kept flashing into my head as the rest of my body wash swirled down the drain. There was no need for anything extra, just a basic shower and I'll visit the...unfortunate captive. That is, if the monkeys in this circus brought him back. I stepped out, towel wrapping my hair and robe on my back. Ben bowed with a dead face, while Bella followed his movements, scowling at me with fear in her eyes. 

"Didn't get time to dress, huh?" She laughed, quickly going back her spine. Ben stepping on her foot had her yelping and stifling a scream. "I am clothed. If I remove the robe, the spell will show it. Anyways, that is not of your concern. Is he alive?" I responded. He nodded, taking the burlap sack off his head. The bunny slowly moved, his consciousness creeping back into his mind. When he opened his eyes fully, then the fun began. Muffled screams, flailing in panic, tears rolling down his cheeks. I nodded, and Bella removed the rope gag. He took a second to collect himself as he looked around the dimly lit room.

"You. The psychopath from years ago." He spat at me, then glared at Ben. To respond to the insult to her dearest doll face, Bella slapped him. Not unlike her, really. Always too spunky for her own good. He had no reaction to the attack, just sitting there. "How in all seven rings of hell did you live? Granted— even I don't have a full grasp on the situation that occurred all those years ago." I sighed. "I do, you didn't let me join the mission that night." Bella poked in. Ben raised his eyebrow and I cocked my head. "You didn't know us on that day, nor did you know us before." He said. "No, that's right. I didn't. But I was working at an old job not too far away the old Blackout house." She clarified. Ben and I glanced at each other before he coaxed more out of her.

"Go on."

"House sitters exist, doll. I was taking care of a neighbor who had left on vacation when I witnessed the incident. But that still leaves me wondering why you guys didn't just leave him dead."

"We didn't want to end up with the public shame, but in hindsight, that seems stupid now." I added. They nodded in a quiet, thoughtful manner before looking at him again. His reddened face, crumpled hair and puffy eyes made him look all the more miserable when his eyes widened as the realization of the situation began to set. "No— no, you can't kill me. Not yet, not yet." He begged us, tears crawling down his face again. Bella handed Ben a hammer while she held a scalpel, resting in her thin fingers. "It would be too merciful if we had killed you immediately, you murdering, traitorous—" The door slammed open, Autumn's silhouette against the light of the living room.

"Oh, you poor cashier boy!" She cried out, running to him. "Oh, what are you doing to him?! Do you torture people like that for fun?" She wept, looking at me with a desperate look in her eye, kneeling down and beginning to untie him. I sighed. "Autumn, darling. The love of my eternal life. He is not innocent, believe me." I knelt down to her level and had her make eye contact with me. "He has done very bad things to very special people, and we are going to punish him. The police have done nothing to stop him, and now we have to do something to make sure that he never does it again." I gently summarized to her, crying and still holding Woodslight in one of her hands. 

"We can let him out of the chair, if you'd like; but he will have to stay here until Ben can think of a  solution to this problem. And you'll be meeting a new friend tomorrow, who will teach you lots of things to get you remembering your life." Wiping her tears, she calmed down and nodded. "Okay. If you're doing something, I trust it is right. I love you, Roa." She said, handing me the teddy bear. Bella stared at me with a wildly shocked and confused look on her face as Autumn finished untying Justin. Rubbing his wrists, he looked at her with disgust. 

"Dumb who—" He started, Bella punching him before he could finish. "Best behavior, remember?" She taunted him. He snarled at her with his flat, herbivorous teeth. This idiot, this absolute monster of a man who is the reason why Autumn had to deal with so much suffering on her own. He will never get away with a crime like this again. I'll make it no less than certain to this type of special scumbag. Autumn took her bear back and started walking back to her room. "Do you promise?" She whispered, just barely heard. I nodded grimly as the creaking floorboards grew quieter. Everyone turned their attention to Justin, who was rubbing his face. "She's the reason you're alive, Blackout. Honestly, I'd be trying to repay her considering what you've done." Ben said.

He scoffed, unaware his days were numbered. "The garage is full lockdown mode, right?" I asked. Nods from my partners. Business, of course. It's strictly professional between me, Bella and Ben. At least, to me they act as their rightful positions. All they do to each other is gush and sweet talk. I'm still surprised that they haven't gotten together yet, after all of my thorough security camera sweeps. It's not that I'm stalking them— just making sure that this home is safe. My home is the most important place to me; if we're fully considering that Ben, Autumn, and I built her from the ground up after we ran away from her lavish lifestyle for this. When I needed more clothes, she took her and cut them up to make my new favorite shirt.

I remember when I serenaded her by the balcony she offered to the public and how excited she was to dance at our favorite club all night. Watching her perform just for me, feeling the warm air on our faces, and drinking the night away with grins plastered on our faces. Those nights always ended with kisses and promises of a future that would be ours to control completely. Mornings were filled with the sound of her grumbling about her hangovers and my fast metabolism as I cooked her greasy foods to ease her stomach.

But this was no time to reminisce about the days past— I need to focus on my darling and keep her busy and happy while I can work to recover her memory. I need to, for my sake and her own.