How We Met

(Note - I think every other chapter will be a story of Autumn's guest, because she takes the time between to recall how she felt during different parts of the memory that was once hers)

While the sun was rising from another spring night, I went out to see if I could get the first loaf of bread from the old farmers market. As the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg drifts towards my nose, I already know that the old lady in the blue-roofed stall made another apple pie. My favorite.

I walked past the fresh spices, and bought a bouquet of beautiful red lilies to accent my small home's décor. But right before I greeted the old lady again, a young red fox with one tail (Number of tails was a status symbol) bumped into me, square in the chest. I fell back with a thud, flowers roughly meeting the dirt and losing their petals. Looking back in front of me, instead of the fox, there was a girl, maybe in her early twenties at best. She had a horn resting in a golden streak of her hair, while the rest was a vivid neon orange. She had freckles, and a bright pink "X" covered her left eye.

She took one glance and me and immediately got up. "Oh sir," she whimpered. "Please don't tell anyone you saw-" She stopped and saw the flowers on the floor. "Casablancas. My favorite." She sighed. I couldn't help but smile at her. Looking at her outfit, she wore a flowing pale yellow dress, her hair neatly pinned in a bun. But her face wore no excitement to her outfit. She looked worn out and tired. "See, you might have guessed already, but I belong to a Neptunian family bloodline, and to escape poverty, I was placed in an arrangement of matrimony. You can tell I didn't have much of a say in what happened to me. So, I fled to this planet because I have my two uncles here." She...there wasn't even a way to describe how she looked.

My body went against my will, and my arms rolled out and pressed her against my chest. She didn't even fight me, just gently sobbed and gasped with Casablanca lilies in between us. I stroked her back, and she uttered something even I couldn't believe. "Maybe they wouldn't mind me staying with you, kind sir."

I pushed her back immediately, recollecting myself. "Woah, woah, woah there, chick. I don't even know your name. All I know is that you're an impoverished fox from Neptune, trying to escape an arranged marriage, and that you have family here. And I can also easily and safely assume that you're a fire element. How am I supposed to let you live with me so quickly?" I coughed. She gave me a sad look again, returning the lilies to my hand and pulling out a box.

"This is how you summon me. Just need a human, and by the looks of it, you ain't getting a fresh corpse soon." She sighed. I took the folded piece of paper and hurried over to buy my not fresh (but still delicious) bread.

***TIMESKIP CUZ I DONT WANNA WRITE THAT MUCH***

I sat on my bed, looking at the parchment slip. Sliding on my hooded cloak, gem-encrusted dagger by my side, I slipped into the silent night. I hid behind a tree, waiting till there weren't any cars coming when I heard single set of footsteps. My body said act now, think later. And so I did.

Using a swift swing to the neck, I stabbed any spot of flesh the tip of my shining blade could reach. The hood completely covered me, but unfortunately covered my eye, so I didn't get a good look at my victim. Raising the cloth on my head slightly, I saw I had assaulted a green-haired rabbit child. She was still as I bagged her and carried her to a quiet home in the forest. It was strange, to say the least. I had murdered a child for the sake of contacting a woman I didn't even know.

Tracing a circle on the floor, I chopped off her middle finger and placed it in the middle, then traced the symbol. It looked kind of like this.

I expected to see some big explosion, flashing lights maybe

I expected to see some big explosion, flashing lights maybe. Instead, I got a tired girl in a Disney sweater and sweatpants. I chuckled seeing her annoyed expression, and she rolled her eye. "Did you summon me or not?" She asked. I nodded with a satisfied smile. She raised her eyebrow, returning said smile. "So, can I stay with you for a bit?" She asked, and I nodded again. Jumping out into my arms, she nuzzled my chest.

"My name's Autumn, silly! I love ya!"

(A/N- OH MAH GOD I HAVE SUCH A BAD HAND CRAMP. 818 TOTAL WORDS AND ONE PICTURE FOR THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER. Thank you to everyone who's finished reading everything I scribble down for entertainment. I can probably do more frequent updates now that I have a better way of getting on my account.)