In order to become king...

Scott's POV:

As I woke up from my slumber, I hear the maid knocking on my door. "Come in!" I say, to which she responded by opening the door and coming in. "Young Prince," she starts, "the king and queen have asked me to tell you that in half an hour you shall report to the dining room. I hear they have news about you becoming king." I nodded my head, then realized what she last said. They are thinking of me being king already!?! I can't make them disappointed!

After my train of thought ended, I got out of bed and went to my closet, filled with many many Rivendell attires and jewelry. You see, us elves of Rivendell dress fancy. The citizens wear brilliant blue and white outfits, same as the royals, except us royals wear gold-embroidered outfits. Another thing is that the royals can have are wings, which are rare, but it is in our royal blood to have the chance of getting wings. And lucky for me, I was able to get wings. The wings that we can get start small, but they grow into wings that can both surround us and our mates. Another thing about our wings is that no one is allowed to touch them, except for the person who has the wings and their mate. But the mate can only touch our wings once they are far enough in our long courting process, which honestly, I wish wasn't as long as it is.

I got dressed in white trousers, a blue coat top with gold buttons on them, a white cape, brown belt and boots, and a small cyan bow for my hair. I admired myself in the mirror, loving the outfit I put on and then left my room. As I walked down the stairs I gazed around at the gold, light blue, and white hallways that were in the castle I call home.

Soon I am met with the doors of the dining room. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in, but am interrupted by my mother. "SCOTT! I know you're out there! Stop breathing and get in here already!" Mother yells, while also laughing. I enter the dining room and see mother and father, the king and queen of Rivendell. I sit across from mother as father clears his throat and begins speaking to me. "Scott Smajor, as the prince of Rivendell and youngest son you are destined to become king if something happened to your older brother. Because your older brother, Xornoth, was banished due to dwelling in black magic, you are now the next ruler in place for the crown and antlers of Aeor. But because you do not have a royal that you are courting, before I let you have the crown, I want you to get married." Once he said that my ears perked up and I started to get excited. Finding someone to court would mean that I would be finding someone who would be my mate, and who I would love and be with for the rest of my life.

"Before you get carried ahead," father started, "no, you don't have to marry a princess of a kingdom if you don't want to. I am allowing you to choose either a prince or princess, for the sole reason that I want whoever you marry to be someone that you will love." Now my ears were really high in the air. "Now, in order for you to find your mate, your mother and I have decided to invite other empires' royal families and nobles to come to a ball and banquet that we are holding here so you can talk to the princes, and maybe princesses, and decide who you will court." Once father was done with his announcement, the butlers came in and served us our breakfast. While I was eating I thought to myself, A banquet and ball, just to find out who I'm gonna court and marry. This should be great fun!

-----------------------------------

There it is, chapter one of Home is not a place, Home is a feeling

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!

Word Count: 694