2 - Sickness

You're laying on your bed after a sleepless night bundled up in various blankets when your doorbell rings, echoing throughout the rooms and burrowing into your headache-riddled brain. Ugh. Feet like blocks of concrete and head even heavier, you drag yourself out of bed to answer the door. Each move is a chore. You opened the door to reveal Peter's face beaming with excitement. "Look y/n! I got a new lego set I need your help- y/n...?" He trails off, face falling. "Hey you okay sweet?" He looks worried.
"Headache. Fever. No I'm not great Pete. Look you better go, I don't want to give you anything..."
"If you think I'm going you've got something wrong with you," he whispers gently as he rushes to wrap you in his arms, stroking your hair.

A few minutes later you're smothered once more in every blanket you own with a fresh hot water bottle pressed to your aching stomach. Peter is laying next to you, head resting on your other pillow. You barely notice but his eyes never leave you, gazing into your eyes lovingly. He loves you with every ounce of his being.

"Right I'm gonna distract you? Okay? The friendly neighbourhood Spiderman is all yours for one night only," he chuckles. Aw that's sweet. He takes out his phone, screen shattered into oblivion from hitting countless brick walls - he insists on taking it in his spidey suit for every mission so he knows if you're in trouble, despite your constant protest - and begins to flick through his photos. There's an album specifically labelled 'my love <3' filled with countless of your favourite memories frozen in time. The first few are of you sat on top of a building watching the sunset and you giggle at the thought of Peter's insistence to swing you there. The next is of you both (from a terrifying angle) in school taken from under the table in the science labs. He'd captured the exact moment you had knocked the tower of tubes and beakers over so your face was twisted into a picture of shock and horror. "Oh God that's awful!" You laugh.

"Hey you look gorgeous in that, hence why it's in the album."

You blush. Peter jumps up and lunges towards you. Suddenly an intense pain shoots through your stomach like lightning and you curl up, rolling back and forth in his arms in an attempt to dull the pain and find a more comfortable position.  "Hey... hey it's okay. Sweet, don't worry I'm here." He pulls you in for a tight hug whilst you curl into him, sobbing. "I sensed something was going to happen... I'm sorry I couldn't get to you in time."
He looks remorseful so you stroke his face and force a smile to reassure him. He grins. Aw.

"You know how I knew something was gonna happen...right?" Oh no he's already giggling to himself. "Well..... I used my Peter tingle..." He knew it would make you laugh. Failing to hide your giggles you snort which causes you to jump and blush in shame. Both you and Peter fall into eachother laughing, neither able to speak.

"Really?"
"Yup." His face is adorable. He's practically glowing, both proud of himself for making you laugh and still full of adrenaline from laughing with you.

The two of you settle into a hug. Your head is resting in his shoulder, all but one leg wrapped around his body like a monkey. His head leans on yours, one arm and one leg curled around you protectively. You could stay forever like that.

He kisses your forehead and you feel all pain float away as all you can think about is him.

"This hurts like hell Pete but I might just get through it if you keep holding me exactly like this... otherwise I might not make it through the night..." This caused him to throw his head back in laughter, moving away from you.
"Hey I said stay!" You giggle. His head rushes back into place.
"Whatever you wish, my queen."
"Very funny Pete."
You both laugh, pulling eachother tighter.

The last thing you remember is drifting asleep in his gentle arms, feeling safe in his grip as he strokes your hair.