8 - Christmas

A/n: Please comment what you think of these so far, vote, etc! I need feedback so I know that people are genuinely enjoying these, I don't want to keep creating them when I'm doing something wrong or they're actually really bad lol :)

Your eyes flicker open, your mind taking a moment to switch on like a machine that hasn't been run for years. Your eyelids feel like a ton of bricks, weighed down into the rest of your face, and your hair is stuck out like a fan framing your head. Suddenly your eyes ping open as a thought re-enters your brain. It's Christmas!

Within seconds the duvet is in a pile on the floor and you're out of bed, shivering in your shorts and oversized t-shirt (your boyfriends, a spiderman one he'd worn loads then given to you so it smelt like him). Pulling on a fluffy hoodie and socks and quickly smoothing out your matted hair, you sprint out of your door in the Avengers Compound -  leaving it wide open - and make your way down the corridor to the next room.

Soon you reach the next door, identical to your own, except this one is adorned with various stickers and posters along with a custom sign saying 'Peter's Room' with the Avengers on it. You can't help but smile to yourself. It's cute. Turning the cold metal handle, you burst in, expecting to see him up and ready just like you. Silence.

There's no sound but the barely audible breathing coming from a spiderman-sized pile on Peter's bed, shrouded in a thick duvet. You creep up to the bedside, trying to work out if he's faking or not, before concluding that he's definitely asleep. Pathetic, you think. He'd been so excited yesterday, the least he could do is be up as early as you are - it is Christmas after all. The two of you had originally bonded over your childish excitement over the little things like science experiments and Christmas so seeing your boyfriend like this is really strange - every other year you've both been buzzing with excitement like two 5 year olds.

Well, you think, it's about time he woke up... you can't wait much longer and if he's not up soon he'll wake up to not only your own presents opened, but his as well with nothing but a shredded pile of coloured paper to hint at what they once were. With that thought, you launch yourself at Peter's sleeping form, wrapping your limbs around his muscular body and rolling over to the other side of the bed, the two of you still sandwiched together. Snuggling down, you pause to rest your head on the pillow before turning to look at him. He's just stirring, his eyes squinting and lips pursed together as he groggily tries to make sense of his surroundings.
"Merry Christmas." You smile. His head jolts to look at you as he processes that you're there. You watch as his brain steadily switches on and a goofy grin spreads along his face, you can practically see the cogs turning in his half-asleep brain, clocking that it's Christmas Day.

"Merry Christmas my darling." He whispers. Your cheeks glow pink and a smile mirroring your boyfriend's appears without your notice. "Aw, blushing for me?" Peter teases, giggling.

"Maybe..." You reply, leaning in until your lips meet his briefly. Small, yet it doesn't fail to fill you up with happiness. He means so much to you.

"Is that all I get?" He frowns playfully.

"Hmmm I don't know yet. Maybe if you get up...." You tease, sitting up. You need to coax him out of his nest somehow.

"Nooo." He whines like a little kid. Wow. Tony calling him "kid" is really rubbing off on him. You make a mental note to bring that up to him later. "Ughh come lay down with me. Let's have lie in, pleeaaseee."

"On Christmas? Uh Peter Benjamin Parker I think not."

"Pleeeaaaseeee."

"Well I guess I'll just have to go enjoy Christmas by myself then Parker. I'm disappointed..." You say, dragging yourself out of his warm bed back into the cold air. "I'll see you later then?" You begin walking towards his door.

Splat.

Something slimy and cold hits the back of your bare leg, sticking to your skin. A web.

Suddenly you get dragged backwards, the web pulling your leg off the floor so you have to hop after it so as not to tumble to the floor. You twirl round as Peter reels you in like a fish, before you flop onto his mattress right next to his warm body, your noses practically touching. "You're not going anywhere darling, not without me." You can't say you're disappointed; you actually find it really attractive. "I'm gonna get that second kiss now." He says, his brown eyes gazing longingly into yours.

You place a hand on either cheek, pulling his face to yours and kiss him, longer this time. You don't want to break contact, neither of you do. You've never felt safer - or happier for that fact.

After a few minutes you pull away, noticing that his arms are now wrapped tightly round your waist. For a moment you both pause, lost in each other's eyes before you both lose control and start laughing, still in each other's clasp.

Soon you settle down, you curled up with his body wrapped round you - you can barely move. All you can do is tilt your head up to look at him. Moving your head closer to his chest, you snuggle into him closely, savouring the feeling.

"Merry Christmas darling." He repeats.

"Merry Christmas Pete." You smile.

"That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." You glance at the doorway to see a disheveled Loki looking in, his hair looking clean for once (he hadn't got the gel in yet), with random pieces stuck up in places like black spines.

"How long have you been there??" You question, surprised.

"Long enough."

"Ah."

"My brother wants you." He continues without giving you time to finish. "Said something about planning an attack to wake Stark up." With that he shuffles off in his fluffy socks, mumbling something about not signing up for this and leaving you and Peter in stitches.

"I love it here."

A/n: I'm so sorry this has taken so long, I started writing this straight after the last but I've been busy with school so I've not had chance to finish it until now :(

A/n 2: A new part is nearly finished, it'll be published very soon. I just wanted to let you all know that I've not forgotten about this and I want to continue writing more frequently. Thank you for bearing with me <3