5 - Bets

You and Peter have been dating for a month, so you decide it's finally time to tell the others. Both of you are Avengers and spend most of your time hanging out or on missions with the others so you're quite sick of having to stay away from eachother and pretend that you have no interest 90% of the time. It's exhausting.

You're waiting outside the compound for Peter. It's mid autumn so the whole area is blanketed in a kaleidoscope of oranges, reds, yellows and browns. It's definitely your favourite time of year - just when it's not too cold so you don't have to wrap yourself up to the point where you can't move but it's also not too warm either. The air feels fresh and clean which fills you up like a balloon, working like a drug to settle your nerves and give you hope that this will work out.

A rule had been made amongst the Avengers that nobody could date a co-worker "so you lot don't screw up the mission with your pointless expressions of love or your Taylor Swift breakup mentalities" Tony had said. Classic.

Essentially you're about to tell the Avengers - of all people - that you've  broken one of their biggest rules, not to mention the fact that you're still  teenagers (only just though). "It's gonna be fine!" You tell yourself, but quite frankly you're terrified. The only reason you're doing this is because you don't want to lie to your friends, you just hope that by being truthful you don't kill off the relationships you have with them all.

"Hey darling." You hear a familiar voice from behind you, and with it half of your nerves flow from your body.

"Hi Pete."

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess."

"Let's go then."

You begin to walk together towards the door, and you fight the urge to grab your boyfriend's hand - you don't want anyone seeing it on the cameras before you get the chance to tell them.

The doors open and you walk to the main room where Steve, Nat, Sam, Bucky are sat talking, and Wanda and Vision are leant over a huge pot on the hob. A gorgeous smell floods from the pot and your mouth starts watering, reminding you that out of nerves you haven't eaten yet today. "Smells amazing Wanda, what are you cooking? Hey guys." You say as you turn to the others.

"I'm teaching Vision how to make spaghetti bolognese... so far he's failing." Wanda replied, deadpan. The others laugh.

"Hey it's great to see you back! Hang on a sec..." Nat says as she runs to the doorway, ruffling Peter's hair in the way past. "BOYS THEY'RE HERE!" She shouts. She really had this team wrapped around her finger... good job you're her best friend, you get privileges.

Soon the rest of the team arrived, all greeting you and Peter on their way past. Why did you choose to do this today? Ughh this is so stressful.

Soon they're all sat down, with just you and Peter stood at the front. "So.. um," you begin, "there's something we've got to tell you all. Please don't get mad."

"He's not got you pregnant has he?" Says Tony. What? Was he joking?

"What? No!"

"Oh my lord y/n the kid's got you pregnant... how did you let this happen? Peter what did you do you're only dating not married!" He continues.

"What no I'm not-" you stop. "Wait... how did you know we we're together?"

"It's obvious. We always knew you'd end up together because... let's face it... you're pretty perfect for each other. So we decided to have some fun with it and make that rule to see how you'd do it, you were always going to date anyway." At this point Tony's looking pretty smug.

"W- what?! This makes our job so much easier but did you really turn our love life into a game?"

"Ha.. it's quite funny really."

You're shocked. You grab onto Peter's hand, holding it tight, as lean your head on his shoulder. "Are you gonna kick us out?"

"No of course not, right guys?" Nat replies..

"...unless you are pregnant..." Sam pipes up, smirking.

"For God's sake no!"

"Good kids." Tony says. "I'm quite glad you made it official. You're both useless at romance I've had to watch you both just sit and stare at eachother longingly like dogs for years. Which one of you had the guts?"

"Y/n." Peter joins in.

Just at that moment Sam leapt up like he'd seen a huge spider crawling across the floor. "FOR GOD'S SAKE PETER! I HAD A LOT OF MONEY RIDING ON YOU ASKING HER OUT."

"Mr Falcon... Sir... with all due respect, you mean to say that you and Mr Bucky had money bet on us?" Peter asked, startled.

"Oh kid I thought we were past the 'Sir' and 'Mr' stage..." Sam rolled his eyes. "Yeah kid I thought that you would pop the question whereas Buck here had his money on y/n."

You look over at Bucky to see him look at you at the same time. He winks at you playfully and you laugh.

"Guess you just underestimated her, dearest Sam." Bucky grinned.

You lock eyes with Peter. He's wide-eyed but smiling. You can't process what just happened.

"So... we're okay then? We're not banished? Fired?"

"Yeah kid. I put your rooms together for a reason, just don't go impregnating her Peter... I know what you're like." Tony jokes. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding..." He starts to leave the room, stopping at the doorway, "...maybe."

You hug Peter, both of you over the moon. This was not how you expected your morning to go, with this outcome being way better that one of the alternatives.

"Wait... do you mean to say the two mortals are... seeing eachother?" Thor boomed. This is going to be a long day.

A/n: I don't think this is as good as some of the others, sorry. I still decided to publish it because I still spent quite a while on it lol.