Chapter 2

"Bizarro, Artemis, and I are going to Qurac tomorrow for a mission" Jason suddenly says after they both got comfortable in the bed they shared.

Her eyes widened, "But that's-" It was the place where he was tortured. Killed by the Joker.

"Did Batman give you this mission?"

"No. It's Artemis who has business there. Since we're a team, Bizarro and I are willing to lend a hand" he side-eyed his lover. She only muttered an 'oh' and turned away from him, her back facing him.

He waited a few seconds before a smug expression gradually developed on his face, and then he straddled her. With one hand, he grabbed her cheeks and weakly squished them before resting his weight on his palms, "So, you do get jealous" 

"Goodnight, Jay" she closed her eyes, ignoring his teasing as she tried to turn away. However, it wasn't long before she felt a pair of lips touching her neck. "I'm glad you're back. I missed you. I was almost tempted to kidnap you from that tower" he whispered in her ear.

"And yet, you're leaving me tomorrow..."

"I promise I'll return as soon as I can"

"You should be aware that I, too, can't stand being separated from you" she looked at him in the eye.

His gaze slowly faltered before he moved aside to land next to her. This time he was the one with his back facing her and his arms crossed, "Well I, unlike you, do show that I get jealous, and these past months, you used your time with Dick extremely well." In hushed tones, he whispered, "So much for 'I can't tolerate being away from you'"

(Y/N) playfully rolled her eyes and smiled. She knew he wasn't exactly bitter about that. "Correction, I spent my time with the team. Dick was busy on the phone with Barbara"

"Yeah whatever"

"Jelly Jay"

"Don't start"

"Jelly-" He turned around and drew her head to his chest. "Just go to sleep," he said as he closed his eyes and made himself comfy. On the other hand (Y/N) surrendered to his warmth and closed her eyes.

• ° • • ° •

[(Y/N)'s POV]

Weird...

Lina isn't here at the bar. She's usually the first to open the business, so she's here before me, but I'm guessing Zane opened it this time. As I strolled past the customers and servers, I proceeded to the rear and knocked on one of the 'STAFF ONLY' rooms.

KNOCK

KNOCK

"Zane?" I stood there waiting for him to open the door. The door opened quickly, and he motioned for me to enter. I noticed Marco concentrating on building some gadget, completely oblivious to my presence.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting"

Zane smiled and removed his goggles, "Not at all, (Y/N)"

"Anything we can help you with?" He pondered as he ruffled his hair and fixed it with his fingers.

"Just wanted to know if any of you know where Lina is"

"Oh, she mentioned she was going on a trip to Qurac with the Outlaws"

.... so, she did end up going.

"Alright, thanks that's all. Also, you and Marco are getting a raise. You guys deserve it" Without allowing him to utter a single word, I pushed open the door and immediately took out my phone. The phone continued to ring till she eventually answered it.