Chapter 5

I strolled around the hospital, searching for Lina's room number once again.

In doing so, there was a painful sensation in my back. It probably ached because of what happened last night. I may have overworked myself, or it's probably because I didn't get much sleep and my body just asked for more time to sleep.

There wasn't enough time for a warm-up either. It was only in the heat of the moment.

Jason and I were on our way to Ma Gunn's to check on Bizarro when we ran across Solomon Grundy and Artemis fighting. Even though I wasn't prepared, Jason was, so he entered the fight. Damian always told me that I should start bringing my utility everywhere I go and then I'd be more useful. I guess he was right about that.

I didn't listen to him since I don't see the point in getting involved in vigilante attacks. I don't take part in patrols; therefore, I don't have to worry about protecting any citizens, and if I'm attacked, I can defend myself with kicks and punches.

So, because I didn't have my suit or my utility, I could only assist in pushing people out of the way while Jason and Artemis fought Grundy. At least Selina's lecture on agility came in handy when I needed to dodge the big guy.

I couldn't tell how Jason and Artemis handled the matter; perhaps if something unexpected hadn't happened, we would have known the outcome.

That 'unexpected' was Bizarro. He swooped in and knocked out Grundy despite the fact that he was meant to be resting at Ma Gunn's. As a result of using his final strength, he passed out. 

He became weak and started saying his final words as he stared at each of us with what little strength he had left. Jason started considering the Lazarus pit, I had no words left to say, and Artemis could only tell him that we had to let him go as a way to honor his sacrifice. 

It would have been depressing if Bizarro left this way, but then Lex Luthor showed up in his tech. He said he had a way to fix him. Did any of us believe he was trustworthy? No. He was, however, our last chance to resurrect Bizarro.

Jason suggested I head home while he and Artemis followed Luthor, so I don't know what happened afterwards. Though I am curious to hear how that went.

When I opened the door, Lina was still asleep in her bed, and I saw two individuals standing in front of her. My lips parted slightly when my eyes met theirs. I wasn't expecting to see them here and after reminiscing about what happened yesterday.

"Artemis? Bizarro?" I closed the door behind me so no one else could hear. "How did you both manage to get inside? I mean, Artemis I understand, but Bizarro? No one questioned you? And you're here... you're alive!" I was shocked and concerned at the same time.

"We did get questioned, but I replied that he was naturally paler. They accepted the answer" Artemis shrugged. "Thanks to our big guy here, they let us in" she patted Bizarro's shoulder.

"With just a few words, I was able to persuade them. They believed me when I stated I was from another country, and I suppose it was my outfit that swayed them" he said as he looked down at his light blue plain dress shirt and khaki pants.

I was at a loss for words. Think of anything that would leave you speechless, and multiply that by a hundred. 

Bizarro, THE clone of Superman, just spoke with fluency. No words being left out. No "Me" but instead "I."

"(Y/N) is everything alright? You seem dumbstruck"

And no nicknames...

For some reason, I'm sad.

"Um, yeah, you just caught me off guard. I didn't expect you to speak... fluently"

"Ah right. Luthor's to thank for that" he smiled. Though there was something behind that smile that seemed rather melancholic. The kind of smile Jason would force himself to do if I ever caught him bringing himself down with his thoughts.