chapter 6

Waking up in an unfinular place, a few seconds of processing you realize you were in the nurse's office. 'I'm in the nurse's office' you thought as you sat up and started getting off the bed.

As you study up the nurse walked in "ah, good you're awake. How do you feel?" The nurse asked, "Good I guess my head and side just hurt tho." You say." Well you were pretty beat up, anyways we called your uncle so you should head to your locker to get your stuff. He should be on the way," the nurse said. "Okay." You reply walking out from her office

After waiting in the office for about 15 minutes you see your uncle come in through the doors. "Common let's go," he said picking up your bags. "Okay," you say getting up and walking behind him, and walking out of the school.

You guys were in the car. It was silence till now spoke up. "Mind telling me what happened you?" Looking at you from the car mirror. Looking down to avoid his gaze you say "i-i go-got into some dwama with s-some girls at school." You say playing with your thumbs " And... She.....well.. She beat me up" you confess.

Joe only sighs, "I'll talk to the school about it," he says rather calmly. You nodded still playing with your thumbs.

A few hours later

"Ima head out to dope sketch and get some new wheels!" You say walking towards the restaurant door" okay be safe" he yelled from the kitchen. " I will," you said walking out the door.

After walking for a few minutes you finally found the skate shop you were looking for ' dope sketch' walking through the doors you were greeted by reki "welc- oh hey y/n" reki greeted "heyyy" you reply" what happened to you?" Langa asked poking at the bandages on your face and arms " school drama" you sigh.

After picking out the wheels you wanted, reki offered to put them on for free. "Thanks, reki," you say lean in on the counter.

"It's no problem," he said giving you a toothy smile. Just them the door open "welcome" the owner of the shop said. You look to see a boy who looked to be 12 in a sailor-like uniform ' oh he's from that fancy school ' you thought looking at the boy " The National Japanese hopeful, Miya Chinen" reki says "T-that's a-a mouthful" you say to reki as he fanboys over this kid.

"You, run a beef with me in 'S'," Miya said " wait really? that's kinda random buy okay ok." Reki said rubbing his neck sheepishly. "I wasn't talking to you slime." Miya said walking past reki. "You called me a what?" Reki yells turning his head to Miya. You chuckle a little "damn reki" you say putting your hand over your mouth.

Miya turned to you hovering over your small frame "and you, I wanna beef you too." He said "huh?" You ask a little stunned by the question. Miya put his hand on your head " you heard me shortie, so you wanna beef or not?" He asked with a cocky-ass grin on his face.
"But why me of all people?" You ask

"I don't see many girl skaters, so you seem interesting, plus I wanna see how the famous skaters child is compared to him" he said "so. Are you two in? " he asked looking at the both of you. "Sure I don't care" you reply "I'm in," Langa said, " slow your roll!" Reki yelled causing you to flinch "don't hey cocky cause you nailed an ollie, this guys an hard-core professional" reki said pointing his finger at Miya " if y/n does it, I'm doing it." Langa said with sparkles in his eyes. "Lord have mercy bro" you mumble. "Okay I'm a take my leave now, you said grabbing your board. By reki by langa." You wave as you walk out of the shop and headed for joes restaurant.

"Guess what guess what!" You tell rushing through the doors and up to your uncle who was cleaning " what" he said looking up at you " I got challenged to a beef" "by who?" He asked"Miya Chinen" Joe partly choked on his spit when that name left his mouth. " y/n, Call it off," he said sternly "what? Why?" You ask confused "he's gonna whip the floor with you." I'll be fine" you try to reassure him.

seeing there's no way to convince you he says  " just make me a promise." He says crouching down to your level. " you won't get hurt," he said holding out this first " to won't do anything stupid and get yourself hurt. Okay?" He says " I promise you " to say returning the first bump " you can count on me," you say before hugging him "atta girl".

"Okay go get your stuff, we still gotta get home. We still have to talk with your teacher about what happened." He said you nodded before rushing to the back to get your stuff.

Heyoeveryone. I hope you're doing well and happy new year.  Thank you so much for reading this book. It really makes my day seeing how many of you add this book to your reading  lists. Thank you so so much