Chapter 30

GRAND FINALE!

It's the night of the grand tournament. You wore an oversized jacket and a pair of shorts. You choose that instead of jeans since It would be easier to move in.

You sat in front of joe as he rode his motorcycle as you guys drove behind cherry and the others.

You could feel your heart beating in your stomach.

"Nervous?" Your uncle suddenly spoke.

"Yeah." You sighed 'I should've never accepted that beef.' You think as you feel your stomach twist and turn in knots.

"You should be. But that hasn't stopped you before? Has it?" Joe asked

"True. But this is different." You sigh.

"Maybe it is. But when have you ever backed down from anything?" Joe asked looking down at you.

"Never. Well not that I can't remember." You say, looking ahead.

"That's because you never backed down from anything," Joe stated.

"Mhm..." you hummed.

"Look y/n, as much as I don't want you to do this. It's too late to step away now." He stated.

"Yeah, I know." You say

"But I'll win!" You say with determination.

Your uncle chuckled. "Let's hope you do." He said.

"Your injuries healed suspiciously fast." Miya pointed out.

"I can't just sleep my life away in a hospital," Shadow stated

"Amen to that," Cherry said.

"So, you think y/n can win this thing?" Shadow asked

"I thought she did pretty good in that match the other day. Plus she has Joe teaching her most of the time." Miya stated.

"But, Adam wasn't dully invested then," Cherry stated as he drove.

"What do you mean?" Miya asked

"You guys have probably seen her skate at his max a lot," Shadow said.

"Nope. Not even one time." Cherry said

"He's never felt the need to out of his way to prove himself to anyone." He added, gripping the steering wheel.

You looked up as Joe stopped the motorcycle. There were tones of cars parked out in a line.

"What tha-" you gap, looking ahead at all the people.

"What the hell?" Shadow question

"Something up this isn't normal," Cherry stated.

"You'll have to walk it from here, folks." Someone up front yelled to everyone

'Oh god.'

"Is that the finish line?" Someone asked

"That looks like a gravestone."

You looked up at the screen that said grand final.

The ring of bells made a shiver go up your spine.

'That's it. I'm gonna die.' You think about closing your eyes and mentally praying to God.

Your stomach dropped seeing the cause on the screen.

"If they slip off the track they're dead for sure," Miya said

"Why to trade the normal course for a death trap," Shadow asked.

The entrance to the abandoned factory got sealed off because of the storm. Adam asked for this as a replacement." Snake stated.