Christmas Shopping

Y/n POV

A few weeks went by since Alycia had to go back to Los Angeles. It hurts not having her around me but at least we manage to FaceTime everyday in the evening. She promised me to be back at Christmas which is honestly the only thing that keeps me going.
Today is December 1st which means we're going Christmas shopping with my friend group. It really became a traditional thing over the years and is always so much fun.
As soon as we arrived at the shopping mall we all split up to buy the Christmas gifts. I had no idea what to get my friends so i decided to walk through the mall and see what i could find.

After a while I found a gift for everyone and wanted to go back to the spot where we split. Then I realized I haven't got anything for Alycia.

"Damn it! You're so stupid, y/n", I mumbled when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and faced a brunette girl with brown eyes.

"Hey, you're okay?", she asked kinda confused.

"Yea, uhm I'm fine I just forgot to buy a gift for a very important person and I actually have no idea what to get her", I said. The brunette started to smile and held out her hand.

"I'm Maia. Believe me I'm struggling too right now. Christmas is stressing me out", she laughed.

"I'm y/n, nice to meet you", I smiled.

"So y/n what does your 'important person' like the most? Maybe I can help out", she smiled.

"It's actually my girlfriend and she loves flowers and space more than anything in this world", I laughed.

"Sounds familiar to me. I also have a friend who loves these things, guess she's not the only one" , she laughed. "But if your girlfriend loves flowers so much, maybe you should buy her these 'immortal' flowers over there which last at least a year without water"

"Uhh I've never heard of those. Do they actually live that long without water?"

"I've had them once and they actually last two years. After time I even forgot about them cuz I didn't have to pour them"

"Wow okay I think this gift would be perfect for her", I smiled. " By the way, where are you from? I've never seen you here"

"Oh well I've come to Colorado to visit a family member and I'll stay here till Christmas to meet my friend who'll come to town"

"Sounds really exciting tho this town is low key boring" , I giggled.

"I honestly think it's really cute. Not too many people and nice places. I mean I love Sydney but sometimes it's just too much"

"Wait, you live in Sydney? What's the name of your friend?"

"Alycia"

"Debnam-Carey?"

"Yea, why?"

"Then please don't tell her what I got her for Christmas", I laughed.

"Wait a sec... Alycia is your girlfriend? You're serious right now?"

"Serious like a child in a toy store". At first she just looked at me and I got worried that she might not accept that and that I ruined their friendship but then she started laughing.

"I always knew she'd be a little fruity. I'm wondering why she haven't told me anything bout you yet since you seem like a really cool person y/n", she smiled.

"Maybe she was just scared that you wouldn't accept her for being...", I thought for a moment, "...not straight?"

"It could be. But just so you know I don't care about sexuality or gender. Everyone should feel comfortable with themselves"

"Totally agree"

"Okay but how did you guys meet? If she's not telling anything I have to figure everything out the other way", she laughed.

"Oh well, we actually went to Portugal together, it was kind of a coincidence cuz her mother and the father of my sisters best friend are business partners"

"Yea she told me bout leaving LA to go to Portugal but since then I haven't heard of her yet. A lot must have happened there then", she smirked.

"Nah it's a complicated story with some ups and downs but I think Alycia and I should tell you this together", I smiled.

"Yes, it'd be great! Just tell her to text me as soon as she's here, so we can meet up"

"Sounds like a nice plan. It was nice to meet you Maia", I smiled.

"It was nice to meet YOU, y/n aka Alycia's girlfriend. I still have to process that, she hadn't had a partner for a long time", she laughed.

"That's good to know", I smirked and hugged her.

We said our goodbyes and I went straight to the flower shop to get Alycia's present.
After like 2 hours we all met again at our spot and went outside of the mall.

"Sooo what did y'all get?"

"Liv, its called a surprise, remember??", I laughed.

"Oh right.. well who's hungry? Boxen stop at maccas or do y'all wanna go to chick-fil-a?"

"Chick-fil-a sounds good to me",I said and the others agreed.

A/n
Yooo guys new update for you and merry Christmas!!!
What did y'all get for Christmas? I finally got the philosophy jasmine perfume and I can tell it smells SOO GOOD!
Hope you have a great evening and enjoy the time with you families<33