Chapter 6

The best thing I felt this year was falling in love with writing. I'm also so grateful for your support and love, my readers. For all that, I realize that our bond is like wine, and it's a new year for us getting better with age. I might be hoping for change in my life this coming year, but I am constant in loving you all. Evermore. So cheers to making more stories together in 2022! ❤️❤️

CHAPTER 6: Camp

I'VE NEVER been this late sleeper in my entire life, but just as soon as this morning came, I have proven myself so wrong. It was half-past ten when the sun rays stirred up my peaceful slumber. I groaned in my bed and stretched my arms upwards lazily, sort of having a hard time taking the usually simple task to wake up for no reason. Since the last time I knew, I was a morning person, so this was very unlikely of me.

There's just something about this forenoon that made me wish for the clock to stretch ten until four. But that's absurd. Totally one. The sun was heartily beaming through the window already, so I had no other option than to eventually open my eyes and yawn. At the moment my eyes opened, it squinted immediately to the agape drapes, brows furrowing.

Seeing it that way, one person came into my mind causing me to frown.

For sure it was Manang who drew the curtains.

As usual.

I rolled my eyes and put aside the pillow I was cradling in my chest to sit up. Running my fingers through my messy hair, I then glanced at the large window again and saw that the sun lingering at the comfort of clouds. It made me bite my bottom lip and realize how torn I am between thanking Manang for opening the curtains and seeing this lovely scene or being mad at her again for barging into my room without permission. That ogress.

Ngumuso ako at tahimik na pinasalamatan siya sa isip.

Sana hindi muna siya kunin ni Lord.

I smirk and disregard for the nonce my morning routine of mockery to watch the moment outside the window. The day is bright, I noticed, which is very far-fetched whenever ber-months come and mostly rainy weather takes the days and leaves no room for the warm. But now sunlight brightens the day and it wasn't harsh to feel at ten. I can even hear the sounds of chirping birds.

Surely nothing can sum up this morning better than having a cup of tea on the terrace.

With that in mind, my lips all stretch out when I crawl out of my warm bed. I was thinking about it so other else thoughts weren't entertained. Excitement doubled as I planned to take a photo of me wearing a summer dress on the terrace, sipping on my tea, and posting it on Instagram. Giggling, I hastily made my way through the bathroom, utterly forgetting what happened last night.

Just after I set foot inside and face the mirror on the wall, the whole corners have been erupted by my shriek of horror. Agad kong ginagap ang mukha ko at nanlumo sa nakitang eyebags. "No! No! This isn't happening! No!" I hysterically caress my face as if I lost the title of being the greatest Greek goddess in Mt. Olympus, but hell shut up! My face is a mess! My damn perfectly fine face! Even my skin is having red spots caused by mosquito bites!

Halos mangiyak-ngiyak pa ako dahil doon sa bathroom habang naliligo.

Kaya noong nasa terrace na ako ay nakasimangot kong hinahanapan ng magandang anggulo ang sarili suot ang butterfly sunglasses, scarf at sun hat. Aburido akong nagki-click at swipe sa screen ng selpon dahil hindi kontento sa kinalabasan ng plano ko. My face crumpled and later on decided to post the picture which I think okay.

Isang segundo pa lang at nakita kong umabot agad ng thousands hearts yon.

Nang makita iyon ay medyo nawala ang pangit na mood ko.