The Funeral (Cyrus)

I sit there next to her, staring blankly at the wooden casket, which contained the body of what should've been my boyfriend. God it hurts just thinking about him. I cannot even begin to imagine what Eleanor is going through right now. Her entire family, just creasing to exist.

My favorite memory with him had to be the first time we went on a date together. Well, it wasn't really a date. But it was the day I knew I was truly in love with him.
____________________________________
FLASHBACK

I knock on his door, knowing he was awaiting my arrival. Once he answered the door both of our faces lit up. He was wearing the same green sweatshirt he frequently wore, only this time it wasn't covered in animal hair. He cleaned it. Just for me.

His blonde hair looked seemingly longer than the last time I saw him, but i didn't mind. He looked pretty.

He lets me inside where I see his little sister on her phone, "Hi Eleanor." I say to her.

"Oh hey Cyrus."

I gaze back over at my boyfriend, who was already staring at me, "Are you not going to say hi to me?" He asks jokingly.

I peck him on the cheek lightly, "I was just getting to that."

His face turns pink. He was exceptionally taller than me, being 6'1". His favorite color was green, hence why he always wore the sweatshirt.

I throw myself onto him, and instantly feel comforted by his natural warmth. He's like a walking heater. His clothes moved swiftly over his skinny body. Everything about him was comfortable. His skin on mine felt like every good feeling in just a few seconds.

I sit on the couch next to him as he turns the television on.

"Thats my queue. See ya." Eleanor leaves to her bedroom.

I laugh a little, "bye"

The entire time during the movie we watched i could hardly pay attention. I just put my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat rather than whatever we were watching. Thats all the comfort I need.

The credits at the end. The realization. I am in love with Liam Gold.
____________________________________

I was in love with Liam Gold. And now, the only thing there is to love is a wooden box.

Eleanor is in shreds. She can hardly breathe by herself and her makeup is practically on her lap.

Her blonde hair looked exactly like Liam's did on our last date, except much longer.
____________________________________
FLASHBACK #2. The night before it happened.

I kiss him passionately, but for some reason it felt very off. The entire night he seemed mellow and distant. Like he had something on his mind and wouldn't tell me why. He wasn't as happy as he usually is.

"Are you okay?" I ask him persistently throughout the night.

'Im fine.'
'You worry too much'
'Im okay'
'Never better'

I didn't believe him. I even thought about staying the night, just to make sure he was okay, but I went home. Now I wished I had stayed the night. Maybe if i did, he wouldn't have gotten up at 2 a.m. and hung himself in the living room.
____________________________________

562 words :) thanks so much for reading this far if you have. I really appreciate it. If you enjoy, add it to your library to keep up with it!!