The Funeral Part 2 (Eleanor)

Throughout the funeral Cyrus kept zoning out. I couldn't bear looking up. I don't know why they always make the families sit in the front. Its truly one of the most heart wrenching things any person could go through.

Once it was time for speeches I wanted- no- needed to get this over with. I step in front of the podium, staring at the small crowd. I wrote everything down on a flashcard but I didn't look at it. I said what was on my mind.

"I don't know where to start... um... today I'm wearing the- the purse he got me.. for my birthday... and i- I tried to match it with what I had in my closet but... that's besides the point," I laugh nervously, "On that night.. I didn't expect to wake up and see that Liam was gone...... and I certainly didn't expect to be standing up here, giving a speech at a funeral for my brother. He was more than just my brother. He was my best friend... When i went upstairs the night before, I could tell Cyrus felt uneasy... about the whole thing. I wish I had just trusted my gut. Maybe he would be here right now if I had... I remember seeing him that morning just laying there, completely still. I still haven't gotten the look on his face when he was there out of my head. When I felt his pulse... everything was blurry. I felt like I couldn't breathe, just looking at Liam's face, completely cold. I knew he was dead. I knew. I just wish that I was there for him when he needed it. I wish he had asked for help. But we can't always get what we want, sadly." I sit back down next to Cyrus. I felt like I was going to die. No words could ever explain how i feel.

I hate Liam. More specifically, i hate how he makes me feel. Liam, if you're reading this, fuck you.
____________________________________
Word count: 338