A Rose Without Thorns

(Eleanor; A year later)
____________________________________

I would quite say this past year has been my happiest. At school people stopped bullying me for having a "dead brother". In fact, more people wanted to become friends with me because they thought having a "zombie brother" is cool. Me and Summer became closer and closer with each other. Our friendship was uncomplicated, sincere, and selfless. When her boyfriend cheated on her I was there to give her a shoulder to cry on and helpful words in hopes of cheering her up.

Liam and Cyrus had become even closer with each other too. Even though their relationship wasn't perfect, they still loved each other unconditionally. It was the cutest thing waking up in the mornings and seeing Liam pouring Cyrus' coffee just how he took it in the morning. They'd set alarms just to spend an extra hour or so by each other before they each went to work. Or when either of them would have a long day and they'd comfort each other by tracing circles around their knuckles. Their relationship made complete sense. It feels as though they were made for each other.

We never spoke of mom after that, and we intended to keep it that way. She was just a pain in the ass and meant nothing to either of us. Im sure we meant nothing to her either.

I guess I did get the happy ending i've always wanted. Maybe it didn't come the exact way I expected, but hey! It's the unexpected that changes our lives. And that, my friends, is all I want.
____________________________________

WORD COUNT: 269 ;)