✴Chapter 2✴

"There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It's caused by the absence of you"

- Ashleigh Brilliant

✴✴✴

     Katsuki's grip on Izuku's hand never loosened during the whole three hour drive. The carriage was the biggest one in possession of the Ichiban Kingdom, not to mention the most comfortable. 

     As they departed from Ichiban, people sobbed from their doorways, some with children and others with elderly. They waved or wailed, upset about their dearest friend. Everyone knew Izuku, and all knew him in good moments. 

     Izuku's face was cold, drained of the color that once heated his skin. At first, the kingdom refused to give Izuku. However, as the villagers were taken by force, and the kingdom was threatened by war, King Masaru and Queen Mitsuki had no choice but to agree to his wishes. 

     "Dammit!" Katsuki cursed angrily. His grip tightening on Izuku's hand. "Why you? Why anyone of us? Why do they need to order us around? Were they not satisfied by their power already?-"

     Izuku stopped him with a small kiss, "Kacchan, you complaining won't change the outcome. We both know this."

     He had already given up, and his voice sounded hollow. Izuku's eyes once again filled with tears, small but so full of sadness. 

     Moving wasn't the only thought in Izuku's quickly growing worry. It was his treatment there. Shoto Todoroki.... Well, he wasn't known for his kindness. He was known to be cruel, merciless, and puts the law over everything else. Unbendable laws and harsh punishments for breaking them were the things keeping the kingdom from collapse.

     The prince also grew in a kingdom where it was necessary to own a high status with a person's secondary gender. Izuku was an omega, and that didn't matter much in Ichiban, but it would Jotai. 

     "Your Highness," the man next to the coachman said as the carriage stopped. He opened the door to reveal a magnificent castle with two spiraling rooms. It was glorious, but Izuku hated it already. 

     It was closed off from the common folk, so unlike Ichiban where the gates were always open to invite both nature and people. Jotai called them weak for doing so, but it only showed that they were afraid of Ichiban.

     "We have arrived to the Jotai Kingdom," the man said again, awaiting them to step out of the carriage. 

     Izuku's breathing hitched, but he started to step out. Katsuki pulled him back into a final embrace. 

     "I can't go in with you," Katsuki stated, his breath close to Izuku's neck. "He won't allow it. Izuku... We'll meet soon, you know? So, don't worry too much. I know you will anyways."

     Katsuki sighed shakily, "Jotai puts on its annual winter ball. We'll see each other then."

     The ball is a few weeks away, but Izuku couldn't stand being the first one to let go. Katsuki refused to let go as well. The only thing separating them being a loud cough from behind them. 

     The man was older than Izuku and Katsuki with snow white hair. He looked like royalty, and indeed he was. He was Prince Natsuo. Medals drowned in his clothing, a bright blue. A lighter blue was underneath, and his shoes were so polished it could blind somebody. Obviously, the kingdom enjoyed their wealth. 

     Natsuo Todoroki, the third child in the family, however, he was never in line for the throne because of his status as a beta. 

     "You must be Izuku Midoriya," he said, holding out his hand for Izuku to take and completely ignoring the fiery blonde.

     Izuku took it begrudgingly and with much distaste. The prince's hand was cold, and it sent shivers down Izuku's spine. 

     In an effort to appear more gentle, Natsuo smiled, "The rumors were true. Your beauty is truly incomparable. You would serve as a good mate for my brother."

     Izuku managed to bow slightly when the prince released his cold hand. He slowly looked at Katsuki, urging him to go, as Izuku stepped onto the tiled stones.

     Katsuki spared one last hopeless glance before defeatedly going. Now Izuku truly was alone in this. 

✓ The Regulars (BakuDeku, Omegaverse)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें