✴Chapter 24✴

"The greatest marriages are built on teamwork... a mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration and a never ending portion of love and grace"

--Fawn Weaver

✴✴✴

     Shoto Todoroki laughed with himself. What a foolish couple. He had not received an invitation from either of them to attend their wedding, however, the news of the wedding spread quickly. 

     His eyes blown wide, Shoto laughed until he doubled over. 

     He still remembered--his omega presenting some other's mating mark. His omega had no decency, but he didn't blame his omega--no, it wasn't his fault. It was that king, Katsuki Bakugou. Shoto swore that he would get his revenge on him, taking away his omega and putting him in some daze--making his omega think that he was in love. 

     Shoto had lost his mind in the months that had followed the reunion of Katsuki and Izuku while the other two were finally able to bond together. 

     Even if Izuku had severed his connections as a mate on his side, Shoto still considered him as such. Being away from his mate for so long, and watching as his omega was mating with some other alpha made Shoto's head spin in anger. 

     He growled aloud when he heard another servant approach him, despite laughing so heartedly a moment before.

     Shoto faced him, looking crazed and maniac-like. 

     "What?" Shoto asked, rather crudely. It was a bad move, seeing as most of the servants and maids had left, not appreciating Shoto's rude demeanor. Civilians as well moved out of Jotai and moved to neighboring kingdoms--getting sick of not being heard and seeing their people dying in hunger, starvation, and diseases that the royals refused to acknowledge.

     Only, the royals couldn't. Princess Fuyumi, Queen Rei, or Prince Touya would usually help them, but they were gone--missing. Nobody had seen them for the last few weeks--only two or three other servants.

     "S-Sire, th-the prisoners are getting restless. The Queen is in bad shape, apparently, and the King has become extremely ill from the lack of--" the servant started, but stopped when he watched Shoto's eyes narrow, along with his pheromones becoming ragged and raged.

     "Kill them, then!" Shoto shouted, marching to loom over the poor servant. "I don't care. I am your king now! Do as I say, or you will be killed!"

     The servant whimpered and bowed his head in submission. "I-I will, Your Highness. M-My apologies."

     Shoto growled out once again, sounding more menacing. "Today is a big day, after all. Don't screw this up."

     The servant nodded and rushed out of the room at a light-speed pace.

     Shoto sighed. It would all end soon--it would if he was able to get through today. 

      Yes, he wanted to keep his family alive, so they could see how well he was doing when the kingdom expanded across the globe, but that was only if they weren't causing trouble. He couldn't mess this up--there was no room for mistakes. 

     If his family was the cause for said mistake, then he had no problem killing them off. 

     He had a mate to rescue. 

     And a wedding to crash.

✴✴✴

     Izuku felt sick, and he was nervous beyond his mind. Everything needed to be perfect for this day--the wedding day. 

     After the discussion a few weeks ago, the two had tried many times for a child, especially during Izuku's heat and Katsuki's rut, however, the news from the palace physician had always been the same--Izuku was not pregnant. 

      Izuku tried to not think about it much, considering he still had a wedding to get through, but he was still feeling a bit down. Was something wrong with him? He was an omega--it was what his body had been made to do, yet...

     "--Zuku?" Itsuka asked, face knit with concern as she installed the finishing touches to Izuku's suit, bringing Izuku out of his thoughts. Despite the dress appearance on special occasions, Izuku insisted on a suit instead of a dress. Katsuki didn't complain, and his motto for the days before the wedding were, 'Whatever Deku wants'--as he was obviously in a love-stuck bliss.

     "Huh? Yeah?" Izuku asked, his attention obviously still focused elsewhere. 

     "I just asked if you were excited," Itsuka said, her smile reappearing. "You seem awfully busy in your mind today."

     Izuku shook his head, clearing any bad thoughts. Today was special--and he wouldn't taint it with bad thoughts. 

     "Ah, my bad," Izuku finally said once he reassured himself that no matter what, Katsuki wouldn't see him as anything different. "I guess I've been thinking too much about something else...I am excited, though more nervous," he said, smiling a genuine smile. However, his stomach churned once again, his nerves acting up.

     Itsuka hummed. "It's normal. I suppose marrying a king will do that to a guy," she said, moving back to finishing her embroidery. "You didn't invite that Shoto guy again, though, right?"

     Izuku shook his head. "No, Kacchan and I would never do that, and Masaru said it was fine not to since it was a personal occasion. Though, he did recommend inviting the Uwaki Kingdom once again--since they are technically allies now," Izuku sighed at the end. Hopefully, Heikin wouldn't appear once again and present them with a dead corpse of a sibling.

     Itsuka nodded, seeming to understand the situation. "I don't think you have much to worry about. And King Bakugou already doubled the security," she looked up suddenly with a cheeky grin. "He really is adamant about protecting you, huh? He must really love you~" she teased.

     She laughed at the way Izuku's face tinted suddenly with pink. 

     But it's not that Izuku was able to deny her words. Katsuki had been rather clingy--though Izuku thought that wasn't the greatest word to describe his actions--as of late. There was much more scenting than usual, and of course, the doubled--perhaps even tripled--protectiveness. Not that Izuku ever told Katsuki to stop--he quite liked the attention.

     However, for the cause, Izuku shrugged it off as it being close to their wedding day. 

     "And, done!" Itsuka announced, cutting the beautiful silver string closely. "And also, don't cry, when you're there, Izuku," she said, giving Izuku a small glare--though it held no actual malice. 

     When she saw Izuku's head tilted in confusion, she sighed with a small smile adorning her rosy lips. "It took me a while to get your makeup on, stupid. You'll wash it all away!"

     Then, she clapped her hands over her mouth, her face in mock-alarm. "Oh, no. I just called the future king stupid."

     Izuku followed along with her playfulness. "Yes, that's right, you did. You must face the consequences of your actions, good maiden. Prepare for your execution by the earliest dawn of tomorrow!" 

     They both laughed at each other until they heard a deep voice come from behind them near the doorway.

     "Who's going to be executed now?"