✴Chapter 19✴

"Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath"

--Eckhart Tolle

✴✴✴

     "Son," Masaru called, seeing his son in his royal attire. Usually, Katsuki wouldn't care much about his clothing, wearing his classic red cape and baggy pants with no covering for his chest. However, today, he wore proper royal clothing--badges of all kinds lining his chest in a blood-red suit, the traditional color of the kingdom. With Katsuki's ash blonde hair tamed a little more so than usual, to Masaru, he truly look very different from the little runaround prince. "You truly look like a king."

     Katsuki hummed, turning his head and trying to hide the swell of happiness coming from his father's prideful tone. "Yeah, whatever. It's uncomfortable, anyways."

     Masaru chuckled slightly before he sighed. He knew he had to tell his son, and then tell Izuku. He knew he couldn't keep it from them.

     "Katsuki," Masaru called again anxiously and this time, Katsuki looked at his father with suspicion. His father was not one to get nervous. "You know, I am a king. As king, sometimes... sometimes there are things that I cannot disagree to--in hopes for a cease in war, or no war at all."

      "Dad, what happened? Why are you telling me this?" Katsuki asked, getting nervous now. 

     "In a last minute effort to prevent war..." Masaru gulped. At the time, he thought it was a good idea. To try and prevent war--as it was expensive and had a great toll on the kingdom's population and standard of living--he had invited the all royal parties in the North. "I had invited both the Uwaki and Jotai Kingdoms."

     "You WHAT?!" Katsuki shouted, eyes blown wide. He took a shaky breath in, trying to control his anger. "Why... Why would you do that?"

     Masaru gulped. "Well, like I said, it was a last minute attempt to assure peace to all kingdoms--"

     Katsuki glared at him, anger seething. "No, I mean--why? That half 'n' half--that crazy woman--why?"

     Katsuki went on and on, angry out of his mind. His anger wasn't the only thing though--the fear and protectiveness also ten folded. "He hurt my omega beyond imagine. She tried to seize power on the throne. And you decided that you would invite them?! Please, tell me that they declined."

     Masaru bit his lip nervously. "Katsuki--"

     Before he could continue, however, they were disturbed by a servant Katsuki immediately recognized as Izuku's own. Katsuki never got the verbal answer from his father, but from the nervous look and anxious tone, he already knew the answer.

     Tetsutetsu took a breath before speaking suddenly. "Prince Bakugou! Sir Midoriya won't respond to any of us. I-I don't know what happened! He just suddenly froze up! Itsuka was just--"

     Katsuki was heading towards their bedroom even before Tetsutetsu had been able to finish his report.

✴✴✴

     Katsuki ran quickly--already knowing why Izuku was acting up. He must have received the news by now, too, and like Katsuki, he wasn't dealing very well with the newly acquired information.

      He burst into the room, seeing Izuku struggling to breathe on the bed. He spotted Itsuka looking pale, but not being able to do anything. The other servants stood on the sidelines anxiously, not knowing what to do or what caused such a reaction.

     "Deku!" Katsuki shouted, reaching him in a split second and kneeling, so he could see his blurry green eyes. He lifted him up gently, and Izuku flinched back at the sudden touch, but eased into it knowing who it was. 

     Katsuki whispered small directions, trying to get Izuku to breathe normally once again. He demonstrated the breathing normality himself in hopes of Izuku calming and following--one deep breath in and one deep breath out, running soft circles on his back to steady him.

     It had been a few months since it had happened--but that didn't make it any better. Time was key, but some wounds never healed with time. It only made you try and forget. 

     Izuku had had these attacks a lot during the first month, and Katsuki picked up a few things to try and help. After Izuku had calmed down from those, he would tell Katsuki what had helped him most. And so, Katsuki made sure to use them whenever these happened.

     Once Izuku was able to calm himself, pearls of tears beaded by his eyes, falling down ever so gracefully. "K-K-Kacchan! They're coming to the coronation, and-and I don't want them to hurt us again--"

     Katsuki hugged him close. "I-I know. I know, Deku. It'll be okay, I promise you. I won't let that bastard hurt you again--ever again."

     Izuku sniffed, reaching up and cupping Katsuki's face with his small hands. "B-But what about you?"

     Katsuki closed his eyes, nuzzling Izuku's hand on his cheek. "I'll be fine. It's you I'm worried about."

     Izuku pouted, quickly wiping at his tears. As much as the fear consumed him, he needed to make sure Katsuki was careful himself. "No, Kacchan. You have to promise me that you'll be careful, too."

     Katsuki nodded. "I'll be careful, too."

     "Do you promise? Pinky promise?" Izuku asked, holding up his other hand--his pinky the only finger unbent. He was feeling rather weird at the moment--childish? He didn't know, but he just couldn't focus very well on what he was feeling. There was the obvious fear and the anxiety, but also the numbness that remained and the worry that came with Katsuki's little care for himself. 

     Now that Izuku thought about it, Katsuki had rushed here to comfort him, yet Izuku couldn't do the same for his alpha. He let out a small sigh, his pinky faltering.

     Katsuki saw this and rolled his eyes playfully, immediately taking Izuku's pinkly. "Yes, I pinky promise, Deku," he said as he noted that Izuku looked a bit happier after the childish act. "Don't worry, okay? I promise--even if they are there--we'll be okay."

     Izuku nodded, nuzzling his nose into Katsuki's broad chest. "I'm sorry you had to comfort me again, Kacchan," he said, looking down. He really didn't want to be like this--weak and always needing comfort. He didn't want to bother Katsuki--especially now that he was going to be king. "I'm sorry I'm so needy."

     Izuku slowly looked up, startled by Katsuki warm face. "Don't apologize for that, Deku. I'm always gonna be here for you, promise--that's my job as your alpha: to comfort my omega."

     Katsuki turned his head, seeing as Izuku gave him his signature smile. But before Izuku could say anything after, Katsuki added rather quietly. "I like you depending on me every now and then, anyways."

     Izuku smiled cheekily as he reached up to pinch his alpha's cheek. "Awe~ I'm so lucky to have you, Kacchan."

     Izuku could see the slight pink tint in Katsuki's cheek. However, Katsuki masked it with anger. "D-Dang right you are!"

     Katsuki was glad to know that Izuku knew exactly what it meant: I'm lucky to have you, Deku.