✴Chapter 16✴

(A/N: Hello, Everyone! Thank you for reading, and sticking with me for so long! I truly appreciate you all!! This is the official end of arc one ;) )

"The irony is that the actual story starts from the moment we think that everything has ended"

--Aaliya Mallick

✴✴✴

     It was late, but Katsuki hustled, breathing unsteady, searching everywhere for him.

     Katsuki carded his hands through his hair. He felt lightheaded. He sighed as he pushed it off for running for so long without taking a break.

     Their kingdom was large, but Katsuki knew that Izuku wouldn't have run out this village--he was tired and injured. There was only one other place he could be--other than a hidden alley or something.

     Katsuki drew a long breath as he knocked gently onto the small wooden door.

     He recognized this house. It was the old Midoriya household, but it looked more like a greenery now with all the plants--both dead and alive. The small, old door opened with a creek, and a tired Izuku peeked through. Katsuki could smell the light scent of food in the back. Katsuki supposed that Izuku had finally been able to eat something after all.

     "Oh--Hi Kacchan, I just kind of wanted to take a breath of fresh air... I'm sorry about your mother; I know you loved--" Izuku stopped as Katsuki's head fell limply onto Izuku's shoulder and his hands wrapped around his frail body tightly. 

     Katsuki whispered next to Izuku's ear, making Izuku turn a light shade of red. "I'm sorry, Izuku. Nothing happened, I can promise you that. She just stripped herself, I swear. We didn't do anything--"

     This time, Katsuki was interrupted by a fluttering, breathy laugh from Izuku. Katsuki let his iron grip loose a little to watch in surprise at Izuku's reaction. 

     Izuku laughed until his stomach hurt and tears appeared in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry! It's just--'She just stripped herself, I swear'!"

     Katsuki's eyebrows rose before he started laughing, too. 

     Once they calmed down, Izuku looked bitter. "I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Kacchan. I just--it just looked like it, so I assumed."

     Katsuki nodded in understanding, happy that Izuku trusted him enough to believe him without a doubt. That was the thing with Izuku. It took a bit of time to gain his trust, but after you managed it, he will believe, love, and trust you like a puppy. Unless you broke that trust... which is something Katsuki swore he would never do. 

     "I know. I don't know much women who do that either..." Katsuki gave a small smile, but it faltered as he felt more lightheaded. He stepped forward in an effort to balance himself. 

     Izuku's eyes widened as he noticed it right away. "K-Kacchan...We still have some things to talk about, but until then... Kacchan, I think you're going into rut."

     Katsuki's eyes widened. It was around that time... "Then, I have to go back to the palace as soon as possible." He still respected Izuku's boundaries after all this time, and he was willing to wait even longer. 

     Izuku smiled cheekily. "Kacchan," he whispered, pulling the blonde closer. 

     "Deku, I have to go--" Katsuki said, not noticing Izuku trying not to smile. 

     "Kacchan," Izuku repeated, and this time, Katsuki looked at Izuku's face. The way it was slightly tinted in red, and how he was smiling like a dork. Suddenly, Izuku's uncontrolled pheromones hit his nose, making Katsuki try to inhale it all. Very different from Ochaco's sweet ones. It was fresh and lightly sweet. "Spend it with me."

     "What?" Katsuki asked, legitimately confused, breaking himself out of his reverie. "No, Izuku, you wanted to wait until you were ready, don't rush it--"

     "I had already wanted to do it, Kacchan. For a while, actually," Izuku blushing at the confession. "I had wanted to tell you before that servant needed you."

     Katsuki remembered. The small amount of lust pheromones in the air he was releasing. The bite of his lip, a nervous habit that Izuku had picked up. How sheepish he was after he was interrupted.

     "I want to do it with you, Kacchan," Izuku declared, confidence pushed into his tone. "I love you--more than anyone else, and I trust you. Make me forget him--everything-- and I'll make sure the only thing you focus on is me, Katsuki."

    Katsuki felt tears prick his eyes. His happiness leaking out of him through his pheromones. "D-Deku, I--" he sniffed, trying to hide his face. "I love you, too, Izuku."

     Izuku smiled, beaming. His perfect smile. His perfect body. His perfect self. His perfect everything. It was all Katsuki could focus on. Izuku pulled Katsuki inside, leading him.

     And the door to the little house closed. 

     And that chapter of their lives closed. 

     As a new one began.