✴Chapter 9✴

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain"

-Dolly Parton

✴✴✴

     His dreams were filled with horrid memories of the days previous. Him begging for Shoto to stop. Screaming at the top of his crushed lungs for him to stop. 

     But he didn't stop. He only kept going and going and going. Eventually, Izuku lost his focus. Things were blurring into things he couldn't see or didn't want to see. 

     Shoto's taunting face. His cruel smile.

     He was vaguely aware that people were trying to get him to move or eat, but he wasn't hungry. All he saw was his face. And the thought of eating suddenly escaped him.

     "Deku, please!" 

     He knew that voice. It sounded so familiar. The name was familiar too. Some of the sourness he felt melted away, but it didn't go away. It lingered for a while longer. Eventually, Izuku decided that it might be good to get some rest. He hadn't slept in a while because of his horrid face... but maybe it was time to sleep... to finally get some rest...

     He fell over. Katsuki flinched back. 

     "I-Is he- D-Did I-" Katsuki stuttered, eyes going wide, tears brimming his eyes. 

     "No, Your Majesty," Tsuyu assured quickly, sensing the prince's thoughts. "Quite on the contrary. This is a good thing. He must've felt somewhat comfortable with your presence. He hadn't slept in days."

     Katsuki gulped heavily, watching the shallow breaths Izuku took on his bed. 

     "Do- do you think I could stay?" he asked her, already moving Izuku under the blankets into a more comfortable position. Katsuki's hatred for the cold prince heavily overshadowed by his concern for Izuku. 

     "Yes," Tsuyu replied. "I'm sure you can. Shoto can't have another death on his list. He would be exiled."

     "'Another'?" Katsuki asked, disturbed that he had killed previously. 

     Tsuyu shifted uncomfortably, "Yes. Others have been killed by his hands beyond war.... My little sister included."

     Katsuki rose his brows up slightly, but he didn't comment. 

     Tsuyu changed the subject, "He hasn't eaten in a while. I'll send a maid to get him food. I doubt he'll eat it though, so I hope you can manage a few spoonfuls for him."

     Katsuki nodded, "Yeah, I'll try..."

     As Katsuki trailed off, looking at Izuku again, Tsuyu left quietly. 

✴✴✴

     Izuku woke up feeling weak and detached again. Things were less blurry, though. He took it as a good sign. He tried to lift his arm, but found that something heavy was on his hand. 

     He saw a calloused hand, bigger than his by a long shot. He trailed the arm, finding Katsuki. Izuku felt odd then. He felt relaxed, less tense. 

     "What are you doing here, Kacchan?" he asked, his voice coming out hoarsely. And though it was barely a sound, Katsuki sat straight up. His eyes landed firstly on Izuku. 

     "Izuku!" he shouted, hugging Izuku right away. 

     Izuku felt tense all of a sudden. Perhaps it was the contact, perhaps it was the sudden movement. Either way, Izuku had to command himself to try to relax. 

     When Katsuki let go, he immediately walked over to a small table placed near the door. 

     "Are you hungry?" Katsuki asked slowly, carefully. He knew that Izuku probably didn't want to eat, but it was crucial at this point. He already looked ghostly pale and thin. His voice came out more hopeful than he wanted. 

     The thought of food alone made Izuku feel sick- but the thought of him eating the food made him feel even worse. He paled, which made him blend into his white sheets.

     But he, too, heard the hope in Katsuki's voice. He nodded slowly. 

     Katsuki knew that Izuku didn't want to eat, so he sighed before grabbing a small flask next to the bowl of food. 

     "Here," he handed the clear flask to Izuku instead of the food he was expecting. "The green girl said to drink this if you can't eat anything."

     Izuku hated that Katsuki knew that the thought of food made him sick, so he shook his head. 

     "No, I can eat, really," Izuku affirmed, trying to sound firm, but his voice shook.

     Katsuki's gaze softened even more, but not with pity.

     "Izu," he said softly, a small, wry smile on his lips. "I know you. I know it's too much for you right now. It's okay, so just drink this, Izuku."

     Izuku reluctantly took the flask, drinking it in small sips. 

     "Kacchan," Izuku breathed out when he finished. "Kacchan, he- he marked me. And- and I think it's-"

      The doors burst open, revealing a certain prince that Izuku never wanted to see again.

     Angry pheromones surrounded the air quickly. 

     Apparently, the anger that had been hidden had finally decided to show.