✴Chapter 26✴

"Trust is fragile. Don't break it; once broken it will never come back in its original shape"

--Invajy

✴✴✴

     Izuku was sure that he threw up two times before actually making it outside to the garden. His nerves were making everything on edge. 

      "Relax," Itsuka said softly as she fixed tiny parts of his hair. "Trust me, I have never met anyone that looks at you with that much love before. It's just a fancy event to enforce what you already have."

     Izuku nodded, not trusting his voice at the moment, but a bright smile never left his face. This was it. 

     The bells tolled and the music began to play. The curtains pulled away, and Izuku took a nervous step forward onto the long aisle. The sun shone brightly, shining down onto Izuku and accenting his dark green hair. It looked like the sun was a part of him. 

     And boy, did Katsuki notice. 

     He gulped, suddenly seeming to be out of breath. The sight of his beautiful mate walking down that aisle making him gulp nervously. 

     He hadn't expected the hard rock thrown at his back. 

     The crowd gasped in horror as the red mark of blood started to form on the king's white uniform. They started to scatter, afraid of the incoming message of danger when a stranger leapt through the bushes to reveal themselves with a bloody arm trailing behind him. 

     Shoto Todoroki wiped his mouth, which had been splattered with blood. 

     "Your guards can't accomplish much now, Bakugou!" he shouted, baring his fangs at the blonde--though he was still quite a distance away. "So just surrender; all I want is my omega. That isn't too much to ask for, is it?"

     Izuku tore off his veil--his initial shock wearing off. It was rather quickly replaced by fury. He felt it--the tiny voice in his mind--his inner omega. It no longer tugged at him to go to the murderous man in front of him. 

     It called for him to become feral. 

     Izuku shook his head; he couldn't become feral like this. It may make the situation quite more troublesome. He could end up hurting more than just Shoto. 

     He dashed down the rest of the uncovered aisle. As he did, he almost smiled at the thought of walking down the path to meet his lover on the other end with no fear, no trouble.

     "Kacchan, stay still. You're going to make it worse," Izuku said, tugging off his suit coat to wrap it tightly around the base of his mate's wound. The blood was slowly climbing its way through, but the additional clothing should hold it for now. 

     But as Izuku was about to wrap his article of clothing, he realized it wasn't a rock after all that hit him. 

     It was a knife. And it was still stabbed deeply in him.

     His eyes widened in fear.

     "Kacchan, you have to stay still, okay?" he asked, eyes still wide, yet holding a serious determination to them as well. He knew that you couldn't just pull the knife out, and he was well aware that Katsuki knew, too. "I can't have you bleeding out on me. You have to stay still."

      Katsuki grunted, but he ignored his mate's caring instructions. He stood up straight, trying not to wince in pain.

     "Kacchan! Are you really going to be like this?" Izuku asked, looking to see how far away Shoto was. But he cared more about the alpha in front of him, who refused to look him in the eyes. "You don't always have to be the big, strong alpha; I got it this time. You have to trust me--" he shouted, trying to get the blonde's attention.

     "He wants you," Katsuki growled, his fangs bared yet he still didn't look at Izuku. "I'm not just going to let him take you."

     Izuku sighed, "I know I relied on you a lot, Kacchan. Believe me, you were there every time I needed you. But you're injured. You need to stay still until the physician comes to get you. Trust me. Please."

     Katsuki's fiery red gaze finally met dark emerald green. He cupped Izuku's round face with his shaking hands. 

     "I trust you, Izuku," he whispered, crouching ever so slightly to feel Izuku's forehead against his. "But you need to trust me, too."

     Izuku closed his eyes. "I do, Kacchan. I really do."

     "Good," the red-eyed king murmured, pressing his lips against Izuku's in a chaste kiss. "I love you, Deku."

     But before Izuku could reply, he heard Katsuki shout. "Guards! Take Deku away! Keep him safe!"

     Izuku felt strong arms take hold his shoulders firmly, trying to get him to walk back towards the castle stables where a carriage seemed to be prepared for their wedding purposes. It was supposed to be for after the ceremony--so the two could spend some quality time together near a beach.

     Oh how long ago that fantasy seemed.

     "No! Kacchan, wait--" Izuku shouted as he tried to fight the guards. "You can't--"

     "Fire at will!" he heard Shoto shout. A stream of arrows launched skywards, seeming to be a good distance away. It was far enough that the guards would've paid little to no mind, yet it was close enough that the arrows could narrowly reach them. 

     Izuku heard Katsuki curse, however, their didn't seem to be too many arrows. Apparently, the kingdom's numbers had dwindled considerably. Once, their numbers were by far larger than Ichiban's. So much so that even the mention of war brought a chill down villagers' spines. 

      One of the guards handed Katsuki a sword as well as a makeshift shield, and they defected the arrows easily. 

     But Izuku knew that their success wouldn't last long. He elbowed whoever was behind him, and he quietly apologized when he heard a groan of pain. Their grip faltered, yet another took his place. 

     "Let me go!" he shouted, tears filling eyes in desperation. "He's my mate! I need to get to him! Let go!"

     No guards faltered. If anything, some tightened their strong grips. Izuku knew that he could fight them off for a short while, but they would just keep coming. 

     He went limp, finally letting the guards drag him away. 

✴✴✴

     "So, you sent my omega away?" Shoto asked, cocking a brow. He unsheathed his sword, getting into a fighting stance. 

     Katsuki grit his teeth. He couldn't fight him while also defecting the countless waves of arrows, along with the small knife in his back. "He's not yours, halfie. He is not--and never will be--yours."

     Shoto smirked. "Oh so long ago, you were saying the same thing. And oh so long ago, your mouth used to be much more fowl--if I recall correctly."

     "Well, a lot has changed in that 'oh so long ago'," Katsuki growled out. He could vaguely remember the conversations they had late at night, staying up so the two could finally talk with each other.

     "Kacchan, you can't keep cursing if there's going to be a baby, you know," Izuku chided, making a mock stern face after Katsuki ever so kindly told a servant to go away.

     He shook those memories out of his head. He couldn't be thinking out these things in the middle of a war. 

     "Well, I suppose that's true," Shoto smiled a half-crazed smile as he started to laugh. "I changed my game plan."

     His eyes became dark and serious all too fast. 

     "I wanted you."