Chapter Five

Chapter 5

"Dad?" I questioned "Oh my god, Bash." He shot out of his seat rushing to embrace me. "H-how, what, why are you here?" he stammered "I guess stuttering runs in the family" Nova states sarcastically. My dad and I both shoot dagger eyes at her and she puts her hands up in surrender.  "Mom was going to send me into the institute for experimentation, and I obviously was not going to let that happened so I packed my nano bag and I bolted out the broken piece of the wall in the outskirts." I explained. 

"I'm so glad you're safe, I am so sorry about your mother, she has always been awful woman. She's the reason I'm here".  He signed rubbing my arms gently before embracing me again. "but wait" I said and gently pushed him off of me "what do you mean it's her fault, and how are you here they told me the corpse attacked you the second they pushed you out the wall?" I questioned. "that is what I made them think." he said and I raised an eyebrow at him. "They threw me out and instantly shut the walls again, so I screamed to make them think I was being attacked and ran into the woods where Nova's mothers found me, General Nora Casterman." he said gesturing to an older looking Nova. I wave towards her with a gentle smile "wait okay- but what does that have to do with mom?" I ask. My dad takes deep sigh rubbing the back of his head.

 "I was working on a project, I told your mom about it and she didn't agree with what I was doing, so she told Dr.Hoffman." he said with a hint of sadness in his voice "SHE TOLD DR.HOFFMAN!" I yelled. My dad looked away "So my ungrateful, selfish, good for nothing mother, KNEW you would be sent out and still. Did she ever even love you?" I say. I look at my father and the sadness spread across his face. "I am so sorry dad." I say wrapping my arms around him and snuggling into his chest. "It's okay, sweetheart." he says as he pets my hair. "you're here now, and I will keep you safe. We can teach you about everything here and we will do great things." he says  looking me in my face and wiping my tears. "I missed you so much" I tell him and he places a kiss on my forehead. He guides me to the front of the table "everyone this is my daughter Sebastian Clarke. I expected her to be treated with the same respect I am. I know she is new and you will all need adjusting, but so will she." he said with a soft smile to me with a hand on my shoulder. " Captain." he says gesturing to Nova. "Will you please show Bash around, tell her everything, answer any questions she may have." Nova sighs "Yes boss." she says grabbing me and gesturing me out of the building.