Chapter Two

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and walked to my sink. I wiped my hand against the mirror to erase the fog and show my face. I took in my features and sighed. Freckles danced on my cheeks lightly and my natural electric blue hair fell in long waves down my back resting against my hips. I looked at my arms at the birth marks that were intricately designed like tattoos. Twin roses rested on my right shoulders as vines and more flowers trailed down my arms wrapping around like a snake and ending at my wrist. A wolf was placed on my left forearm. All of my marks were black except for the eyes of the wolf which were electric blue. I sighed and examined myself. My electric blue hair silver eyes and tattoo like birthmarks made me stand out against every one else in this town, but I couldnt help it. I was born with it. I placed my hand palm down against the glass and watched as in scanned my hand. A screen popped up and showed me my vitals.

Radiation-0%
Blood pressure-normal
Hydration levels-75%

In my town every one has been affected by radiation even if its the slightest bit every one has been affected and treated, but me. I was born with 0% radiation damage and 17 years later still none. I have no idea how this happened to me, but its again, something I cant help.

I walked into my room and put on some clothes and undergarments. I placed a black long sleeve baggy shirt over my small frame and a pair of black danger proof leggings. These leggings were the toughest clothing in our home. They protected from anything but were so comfortable. I wore them often because they felt like pajamas. I placed my green military jacket over my shoulders for comfort and more warmth. I stopped at my desk and placed my hand inside a white machine. In seconds my vital watch appeared on my wrist once again. It was meant to protect you by constantly keeping your vitals in check. The band was invisible so it wouldnt be stolen. The screen would only pop up if you tapped your wrist twice. Most watches have trackers in them but since my dad created the watches I removed mine incase I ever decided to ditch this hell hole.

After getting ready I walked down stairs to the table where dinner was already placed and my mom was sitting with a wavering smile. I sat down and started to eat. "So you wanna stop bull shitting me and tell me what this is about?" I asked my mother. She gave me a hard scowled and I rolled my eyes. "Dont use that tone with me and if you must know im handing you over to officials for testing." She said nonchalantly as I chocked on my food "youre what!" I freaked "its for the greater good." She said "greater good my ass! Youre sending your ONLY daughter off to be an expirement!! Dont I get any say!?" I yelled across the table "no you dont get a say because you are the child! Now go to your room the city police will be here in an hour."

I went to my room and lied frantically on my bed.
What am I going to do?
I thought to myself I looked over to my bedside table and saw my fathers old files on his studies he made before being thrown outside the wall.
I have to leave. Now.
I jumped from my bed opening up my secret box and grabbing my bag. I grabbed my holsters for my weapons and placed them were they needed to go. I placed the holster for my pistol and throwing knives against my waist putting my black baggy shirt and military jacket back over it. I wrapped the dagger holster around my ankle putting on black socks over the holster which was over my leggings. I slipped on my black combat boots grabbed the bag and slammed the box I rushed over to my dads files and shoved them into my bag. I locked my door and planned my escape hurriedly. In the far corner of my room there was a wooden elevator that you let down with ropes from the ruins of the building we built on top of. If you look at it from the outside it looks like a white wall. Press the right spot and it looks like a hidden cabinet but if you look hard enough you will find the ropes.

I pushed the wall and it opened to the vator. I squeezed myself in to the small square shape and closed the door once I was inside. I pulled the ropes guiding myself to the bottom. The closer to the bottom of the building i got i could hear the city patrol. I moved faster rushing myself to the bottom and jumping down to the floor that was about two feet below me once the vator stopped. I was inside the walls and the darkness was only lit up by the hole to the outside from the ruins. I quickly pulled the vator back up until it stopped that way if they found the spot it only looked like a cabinet. I had a few things placed inside of it like a diary full of lies and made up shit about how i loved my life and missed my dad and a couple bottles of perfume my mom bought me. They wouldnt know the difference if they found it. I ducked down and dashed through the hole making sure my cost was clear. I pulled my hair back placed my hood to my military jacket over my head and ducked my head as I quickly walked to the ruins of my town. Soon after I escaped the building and got close to the ruins sirens went off and a picture of me popped up on the screen. Missing persons flashed in red letters and I picked up my speed to the ruins.

There was a destroyed house and directly behind it was the wall. A sheet of metal that I found a while back covered the hole in the metal wall that surrounded my town. I moved the metal and ducked threw the wall coming out of the other side. I placed the sheet back against the wall so it looked as normal. I turned around and looked at the sight in front of me. Something i have only seen as pictures in books.
"Trees." I said breathlessly
I was tossed out of daze when I heard the sirens get closer to the part of the wall I was located at. I took a deep breath and took off into the woods.