Chapter 3

The sweat beaded off of me as a started to slow my pace once I reached farther into the forest. I walked at a steady pace as colorful leaves crunched under my feet. I stopped and sat down against a tall tree. I took a deep breath trying to control my breathing from the run. I looked around to make sure the coast was clear. Once I felt safe I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings. I reached into my bag searching for my little leather journal and pencil. I sent them in my lap and watched as they went from their nano size back to normal. I traced my thumb over the cover before turning my way to a blank page.

The colors outside the wall were nothing like I have ever seen before. The trees had adapted to the radiation and now danced in colors of the rainbow, and not just the leaves. The trunks of some where dark green and the leaves were a lighter shade of green. Some were pink, red, yellow, they were absolutely magnificent. We studied trees in school, but never had many inside the wall and those were what you would typically imagine, Brown bark, green leaves. This was truly something out of a fairy tale. 

******

I sketched for what seemed like hours and didn't even realize I fell asleep until I felt the movement of something soft underneath me. I lifted my head up to wipe the sleep out of my eyes and was abruptly awoken by me almost falling off the strange soft being underneath me. I gripped on quickly catching myself before I hit the ground. I took a look at my surroundings finding trees moving quickly past me. I look down and see a large white dog, I mean MASSIVE caring me on its back. "WHAT THE FU-" I yell before the animal halted instantly sending me flying over the head of the animal onto the ground with me now sitting face to face with the large beast. It's eyes were emerald green and its coast was the most pure white I have ever seen and its frame toured over me "PLEASE DON'T EAT ME STRANGE BEAST" I saw throwing my hands up and tucking my hands and body behind them. The beast made no movement, I peaked over my hands and the beast rolled its eyes before going and hiding behind a tree. I heard and sound that sounded like bones breaking and then a voice "Can you hand me your jacket?" "W-what?" I said. "Can you please hand me your jacket I am naked!"the voice yelled "oh-oh!" I said and stood up quickly and took my jacket handing it to the strange person behind the tree.

"ugh thank you, I was getting exhausted." they said and appeared from the tree. It was no longer and beast, but a woman. Tall, dark skinned, with white blonde hair and emerald green eyes. "you- and then, and then you- ah-uh tree!" I stuttered pointing in multiple directions trying to piece together everything just happened in front of the beast girl without pants on that stood in front of me. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms while leaning against the tree she just came from behind. "are you done yet?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. "I-uh-I-yes." I stammered "The name is Nova, you were asleep in the forest and It was getting dark and everyone knows you don't stay outside camp after dark, like seriously did you hit your head or something?" she asked confused and I just starred blankly at her. "What like seriously you gotta stop looking at me like that, we really need to get you to the medic." she said 

"What the hell are you talking about like what camp? I just ran into the woods to get away from being turned into a test dummy for "science" " I said making air quotes when I said science. "oh shit- you're a waller." she said with a laugh. "How the hell did you get out of that fortress? Oh god Boss is gonna have a field day when he hears about this." she continued "I am a what?" I said confused. "A waller, no wonder you were this far from camp no normal human would go this far. I just thought you were one of us because the hair." she said pointing at her head. "Oh yeah I was born this way, same thing with the markings." I said casually pointing to my arms. "I shit I thought those were tattoos." she said inspecting them. I flinched when she got closer frightened but the strange beast-girl. "Chill out, I'm not gonna hurt you dude." she said rolling her eyes "Well I'm sorry some strange dog-beast just randomly picked me up a carried me into the middle of nowhere, so apologies if I am a bit flinchy." I said sarcastically "Don't call me a dog, I am a Wolf, and you're coming with me. Boss has markings like this. He will be curious too." she said in a town that startled me. "I am not going any-." I was stopped by her dragging me by my arms with one hand. Literally, I was being dragged on the ground by this tall slender girl, ONLY USING ONE HAND.

"Look I don't really care what you want. I am just doing my job here, so you are coming with me."