Chapter #3

Y/N POV: 

I woke up this morning to Taehyung yelling at me and asking why I am sleeping on the floor. I was confused and still half asleep, he seemed a bit mad, I don't know what he thinks of me. I got up and left for my room. I did my morning routine and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I was sitting and eating until I saw Taehyung come down to eat, he didn’t say anything but looked anxious to say something. I quickly finished eating so Taehyung doesn’t feel uncomfortable while eating because of this morning's incident. I went toward the front door, wore my shoes and was about to leave the house until something caught my attention.

“Y/N” Taehyung yelled at me, making me flinch

“What is it?” I asked not yelling, but getting scared 

“My mom said we have to come to her house for dinner tonight”

"What time?" I asked

 "Seven in the evening when I come back from work" he said, we both left the house together, I went my way and he went his. I came back from my morning walk, I was bored at home since there was nothing to do, all the maids had taken care of everything. I sat down to read for a little bit. It was still eleven in the morning realizing I’m wasting the day and the dinner was at seven. I got up and decided to go out to the mall. I feel like I need to buy something new for tonight's dinner with my in-law's. I spent 3 hours at the mall trying to buy something nice and reasonable. I haven't really got to know my mother-in-law yet. I only got to see her at the engagement party and the wedding, I didn’t get to talk to her because everything was so rushed. As they say ‘first impression is the last impression’ so I want to leave a good impression on her. I finally finished deciding the right dress to wear. I went to my car to put my things in and after I went for a long drive into the mountains because I enjoy long drives especially in nature areas. When I lived with my dad, I was never able to do anything with my choice. I was only sent to school and home, not even allowed to go to the park. At school my dad always sent someone to watch over me. I was never able to do anything. Now I live with my husband and live without being controlled. I came back home and felt happy and tired at the same time. I looked at my watch and it was five in the afternoon, I took my things to my room and left the bag on my bed. I took out the outfit for dinner and got ready. I left my hair open and waved my hair and I did light makeup and added a little bit of tint. I looked at the time it was six in the afternoon. I went downstairs waiting for Taehyung, I sat on the sofa and slowly drifted into sleep. I woke up with someone shaking me and saying my name. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Taehyung standing in front of me. It took me a while to understand the situation and my surroundings. When I realized Taehyung was standing in front of me.

“I’m ready, should we go?” I asked him, fixing my position.

"Yes, let's go." We left the house and walked to the car. The driver opened the door from the right side, Taehyung sat in first and moved to the left side. The driver offered to help me sit in the car, I accepted it and with his help I sat in the car, I kept my distance from Taehyung and sat by the right side of the window. The car ride was silent as I looked out the window and saw the trees. I recognized a house. We arrived at my in-laws' house for dinner. The house was unbelievably huge, it’s bigger than the house me and Taeyung are currently living in. Their lawn was smooth with rich grass, two small trees far apart from each other. I noticed a circled pathway that led toward the entrance. I ran to catch up with Taehyung since I was mesmerized by the house and its surroundings. We arrived at the front step. Taehyung rang the bell letting my in-laws know we have shown up, after a few seconds passed my mother-in-law opened the door and greeted us along with my father-in-law

"Y/N, it's so nice to see you again. You look beautiful" my mother-in-law said as I walked in the house. I got shy and looked down while giving a smile. I thanked her for the compliment. Taehyung and his father got busy talking about the hospital while my mother-in-law took me to a separate room to ask how Taehyung is treating me and how things have been between us. I can’t really say anything since I didn’t want to lie so I answered her extremely vaguely. To change the topic, I told her we should eat soon because Taehyung didn’t eat anything after he came back from work and we both drove straight here. We left the room and went to the kitchen to direct the maids. My mother-in-law directed the maids to set the dining table and she sent me to call Taehyung and my father-in-law. I found them in a room full of ancient furniture and many antiques. I told them that it's time to eat. They accompanied me to the dining room. My father-in-law gestured Taehyung, which could have been a sign, he came near me. I looked at him for a second. 

“Do you need anything?” I asked him, but instead he pulled the chair right beside me and signaled me to sit, I followed his instructions and did what he asked me to. I sat down, unexpectedly, he pushed my chair towards the table like a gentleman. The scent of the food lingered near my nose, making me even hungrier. All the foods I was recently craving were in front of me. We all chatted while eating dinner, the relaxing atmosphere filled the room. When we finished eating, my mother-in-law told me and Taehyung to follow her. Not knowing where she’s taking us, we went along with the flow. She led us to the living room. 

"I have a surprise for you both" my mother-in-law said as we sat down on the leather couch in the living room, I gave a confused look.

"What is it?"  Taehyung asked

"It's a one week cottage trip to the countryside as a wedding gift from us" I was thrilled with the news I just heard. I didn't say anything but just gave a smile as I was thrilled. 

Taehyung POV: 

"It's a one week cottage trip to the countryside as a wedding gift from us" I was surprised when I heard my mother say that. 

"What about work, there’s a lot of patients that need to be looked after." I said, because I didn’t want to go, if I go with her who knows what will happen. 

"Don't worry, I will handle everything like I was before." My father assured me, wanting me to agree to this trip. 

"I don't think Y/N will be comfortable there." I said not wanting to go, my parents and I looked at Y/N for her answer. 

"I don't have any problem and I have always wanted to go on a cottage trip." she said what I least wanted to hear. 

"Then it's settled, both of you will go in three days" my mother said with a thrilled reaction. I didn't want to go on this trip, this was the last thing I wanted to do. But just for the sake of my parents' happiness I agreed. The next day I went to my office and told my secretary to clear-up my schedule for today and the following week. I arrived home knowing that me being at the office is irrelevant for me to be there. I was on my way to my room until something caught my eye. I slowly walked to the living room and saw Y/N sitting on the floor with scissors in her hands in an attempt to cut my shirt. I panicked.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY SHIRT?" I yelled in anger as she jumped and gave me a confused look 

"What-"  

"I never gave you permission to enter my room and touch my things." I said leaving the living room, not letting her finish. I went straight to my room as I was mad. I already yelled at her, I tried my best to stay calm and deal with the problem. She has everything: money, house, what else does she need, I was right about her all along. I hate her.