ii. dead and gone and buried

dead and gone and buried;❛ HOMECOMING ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ I just want you to trust me ❞

❛ HOMECOMING ❜ ↷ the hundred
❝ I just want you to trust me ❞

dead and gone and buried;❛ HOMECOMING ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ I just want you to trust me ❞

ONE MONTH AFTER PRAIMFAYA

Gabriella does not remember the last time she spent her night not tossing and turning in her bed, being afraid to even fall asleep after she would wake up for the first time.

Her body was not covered in cold sweat like it would be whenever she would wake up from her nightmares back in the now destroyed Arkadia. She felt cold surrounded by the cold metal of her former home, her eyes always wandering over to Bellamy Blake's sleeping form next to you.

He always looked beautiful like that. His expression was peaceful if you would not focus on the little furrow he had between his eyebrows. He was dreaming. According to him, his dreams were not half as bad as hers but the knowledge that he was probably having dreams even slightly similar to her own made an unsettling feeling find its way to the bottom of her stomach.

This nightmare of hers was different though. She was not dreaming of either one of the Mount Weather massacres and she was not dreaming of one of her now dead friends. She was dreaming of Bellamy.

First, they were having a peaceful conversation and then a minute later he was yelling at her. His voice saying 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 has been playing on a loop in her head. She saw his angry and disappointed face staring back at her every time she closed her eyes and it made her want to stretch them out.

"Gabi?" His soft voice broke her out of the trance she was in and made her snap her wide eyes towards his confused and tired ones. He must have heard her panting and shuffling in their bed and it caused him to wake up but he didn't seem mad about it. He looked calm. Concerned. With his brown eyes as soft as they usually were whenever he would do as much as look at her.

"Sorry for waking you up." Gabriella apologized and let out a heavy sigh while brushing the hair out of her face, "It was just a nightmare."

"You don't have to apologize." Bellamy told her immediately and placed his hands around her waist to pull her to the warmth of his body, placing a tender kiss to her forehead that made her melt into him immediately, "Do you want to talk about it?"